1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How much credit would YOU have given me?

1. Dec 12, 2006 #1
    I had to explain the Hall Effect and derive the Hall coefficient

I didn't recall what the coeff. was but my explanation was solid and I was able to derive the Hall voltage, Vh=BI/net (t was thickness of plate, that's n and e, not the word net >_>)

I wrote that I didn't know what the coefficient was, and guessed 1/net

he's a pretty loose teacher, and getting to the voltage expression was the hard part anyways, I figure...

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2006 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Without more details and a better explanation of the context, I'd swag about 7/10. What did you get? Was this on a midterm, final, quiz, what? Which class at what level?

4. Dec 12, 2006 #3
    A final, so I guess I'll never know :( senior level solid state class, 20 point question, I figure 10 for the explanation, and however many he feels like giving for getting to the voltage? I know, I obsess over how I did on a test after the fact, stressful habit

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?