How simulate a transformer with Maxwell Ansoft?

• Thread starter lba
  • Start date
gerbi
Gold Member
but I don't put time, the system don't want, the time is always -1s. I don't understand :"Select Plan X-Z" could you explain please ?
Project manager -> Analysis -> Setup -> Save fields -> select time step and stop time the same as in the general setup -> click add

In the material tree You cal select Planes -> Global X-Z

Dear Gerbi, do you know by chance the work around of the import mesh bug I mentioned in post 16

gerbi
Gold Member
Dear Gerbi, do you know by chance the work around of the import mesh bug I mentioned in post 16
Hello

sorry. but no

lba
Ok, all is fine for transformer Gerbi ;) Thanks !
Now, I would like to simulate a simple motor (primary, iron and magnet). Is it possible to simulate the rotation of the magnet ? And how can I do ?
I would like the couple of forces on the magnet but I don't see it in the report.
Regards

gerbi
Gold Member
Ok, all is fine for transformer Gerbi ;) Thanks !
Now, I would like to simulate a simple motor (primary, iron and magnet). Is it possible to simulate the rotation of the magnet ? And how can I do ?
I would like the couple of forces on the magnet but I don't see it in the report.
Regards
My pleasure ;)

Know what.. write my Your email adress in Private Message and I'll send You some tutorials about motors, ok ? I don't want to write a book here on forum ;)

I am designing a 2D model of a three-phase core-type transformer in ANSOFT MAXWELL 14.0. While doing so I have encountered a strange problem.

Start of the problem:-

While designing the transformer, I wanted to incorporate core losses. So, I did the following steps:-

Excitations -> Set Eddy Effects -> checked the various core sections in my model (because eddy current effects occur in the transformer core)

and also

Excitations -> Set Core Loss - > checked the various core sections in my model (because core loss effects occur in the transformer core)

Symptoms :-

Model simulated (using transient solution type) and then gives the following wrong results:

1) Line currents on the primary side (star-connected) are very high (about 10 times)

2) Secondary side (delta connected) phase currents lose their phase dependence, i.e. the phase currents are no more 120 degrees apart, they all are in phase now. However, the secondary line currents are Ok though.

Additional Information :-

If I do not consider eddy current and core loss effects, then the model simulates to give correct results.

Please provide me suggestions/hints/solutions to my problem - how to incorporate core losses correctly in my model.

hi mantel type transformer with maxwell need to draw, but I do not know how to draw with it. Please can you help?

mon
transformer diagnose

hai...anyone can give me some idea how can i diagnose my single phase transformer by frequency response using Maxwell..i have create such a model of single phase transformer under transient solver. The turns (coil terminal) for N1 is 436 turns and N2 is 86 turns..

The second idea is ill try to drive the model using circuit editor, and run it with different value of frequency..but it doesn't work and the response on Output voltage does not effect..so any idea how can i diagnose my transformer..really need your help... thank you

It doesn't work with me either. I tried to import the circuit, the components's name are the same, but it looks like nothing happens.

Any suggestion, people?

Best Regards

Quastion?

Hi,

I would like to simulate a standard Three phase transformer 11KV/0.4KV (3 coils + 3 lamb) with Maxwell 3D (V14) but I don't find tutorial or example. Maybe someone can explain how can I do? And explain how to start to build this model. I want to see the flux in primary and secondary, and I want to see the effect of change the voltage to material of the core. Is it possible?

Thanks for all

Omar

Hi all,

Here is the link to Ansoft/Ansys Maxwell detailed documentations! even me is a beginner, hope it helps..

regards,
SAra

Hi Everyone!
I am working on Ansoft Maxwell 2D software for designing a single phase transformer, 240 turns each side, but I am getting secondary voltage in mV. so no flux is linking with the secondary side. I followed the steps that was previously written in the forum, but as I beginner I need you help.Please see attached the circuit and errors I got.
Regards,
Hiteshi

Attachments

Hi Everyone!
I am working on Ansoft Maxwell 2D software for designing a single phase transformer, 240 turns each side, but I am getting secondary voltage in mV. so no flux is linking with the secondary side. I followed the steps that was previously written in the forum, but as I beginner I need you help.Please see attached the circuit and errors I got.
Regards,
Hiteshi
Hi Hiteshi,

I hope your 'Primary_winding_Right' and 'Primary_winding_Left' are the two coils that you created for primary (Coils need to be assigned to their appropriate windings)

in project manager--> Excitations: Right click on 'Primary_winding_Right' coil--> assign to 'Primary' winding, similarly do this for secondary also..

Forums are meant for clarifying doubts, while learning a software follow an appropriate example problem in their Maxwell manual found here: http://ansoft-maxwell.narod.ru/english.html

It may consume time, but there are no better alternatives..

--SAra

Hi Hiteshi,

I hope your 'Primary_winding_Right' and 'Primary_winding_Left' are the two coils that you created for primary (Coils need to be assigned to their appropriate windings)

in project manager--> Excitations: Right click on 'Primary_winding_Right' coil--> assign to 'Primary' winding, similarly do this for secondary also..

Forums are meant for clarifying doubts, while learning a software follow an appropriate example problem in their Maxwell manual found here: http://ansoft-maxwell.narod.ru/english.html

It may consume time, but there are no better alternatives..

--SAra
Hi Sara,

Thanks for your quick response. I appreciate that. Also manual is quite good. I will look into it. Thanks again!

Regards,
Hiteshi

Hey Sara,

So I have gone through the manual and simulated a single phase transformer. While validating, I haven't got any errors and magneto static simulation went well. But when I am doing transient simulation, while simulating I am getting this error "Winding L@Name defined in external circuits not assigned". I don't understand what and where exactly it is asking me to define it? I want to get the output voltage which was not coming earlier.

I would appreciate your help.

Regards,
Hiteshi

Attachments

Hey Sara,

So I have gone through the manual and simulated a single phase transformer. While validating, I haven't got any errors and magneto static simulation went well. But when I am doing transient simulation, while simulating I am getting this error "Winding L@Name defined in external circuits not assigned". I don't understand what and where exactly it is asking me to define it? I want to get the output voltage which was not coming earlier.

I would appreciate your help.

Regards,
Hiteshi
Hi Hiteshi,

looks like you are not using one of your inductor defined at circuit in your maxwell model.

Regards,
SAra

Hi Hiteshi,

looks like you are not using one of your inductor defined at circuit in your maxwell model.

Regards,
SAra
send me your file, i shall look into it.

-SAra

send me your file, i shall look into it.

-SAra

Hey Sara,

Thanks for your reply. Considering your suggestion, I now kept only the secondary side circuit in the circuit editor and deleted the primary side, and secondary side inductor were used in the model (external circuit) , so that issue is now rectified. and I got an error while simulating, states that its an internal solver error. I will look into it today. You also should have a look, and suggest me something, as in validation i am not getting any error, only error is in analyzing it.

Thanks again Sara!

Regards,
Hiteshi

Attachments

Hey Sara,

So I simulated a couple of random models, some of them worked properly in both magnetic and transient simulations,but with two models, I had those internal solver issues, Please find attached my files. So in one model, I got internal solver error, MFX error and other states only internal solver error. Can you help me in figuring out this issue.
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Hiteshi

Attachments

uda
hey all
how can I see magnetic field respect to time in specific point around transformer?