Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to include a capacitor to an Ansoft Maxwell 3D eddy current design

1. Apr 2, 2013 #1
    Hi experts,
    I wonder any one of you have an idea on whether we can include a discrete component (specifically a capacitor) in to an "Ansoft Maxwell 3D" eddy current design. Little more description: I do have a specific eddy current design with a coils. I need to add a series capacitor and analyze the fields.
    Thanks in advance.
    BR
    SAM

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 3, 2013 #2

gerbi

Gold Member

Hi
    In eddy current solver there is no such a possibility. To do this, use transient solver and maxwell cicruit editor.

4. Apr 3, 2013 #3
    Hi gerbi,
    Thanks for the prompt response. I will try on that path.. further, if you have any help doc explains working with both (Ansoft Maxwell & Circuit editor) together can you pls share with me.
    Thanks
    BR
    SAM

5. Apr 3, 2013 #4

gerbi

Gold Member

Send me a PM with your email adress. I have some Maxwell tutorials.

Regards

6. Apr 4, 2013 #5
    Thanks. PM Sent.

7. May 22, 2013 #6
    Hi,

I followed similar steps in the manual using transient solution along with Maxwell circuit editor. My target is to achieve B field distribution of a resonance loop with a series capacitor. (circuit and model is attached.)

My issue is B field distribution is not available with my design.
    Can you please advice me where did I do wrong.

Thank you very much!

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook