How to Amplify 0.1V across an LED terminals to 3V ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 5416339
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Led
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 5K views
5416339
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
I made a circuit in which the LED terminals have a potential difference of 0.1V,So how can i amply this potential difference to 6V using an external power supply.

I found this circuit : http://www.aldinc.com/pdf/amp_27007.0.pdf

I was wondering if this would amply 0.1V or is it something else ? is this is not the answer then please help me.I have to do this somehow :(

Thanking You,
5416339
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Is there any circuit available or a circuit diagram perhaps !
 
I'm not clear on the problem... Are you trying to illuminate an LED with a .1v signal? A schematic of the circuit you made would be helpful.

The circuit you posted seems to be an amplifier that runs on a .1v supply (which is a pretty danged low supply voltage), so probably not what you want.
 
here is my circuit : http://www.electronicsforu.com/electronicsforu/lab/ad.asp?url=/EFYLinux/circuit/January2008/CI-09_Jan08.pdf&title=Mobile%20Bug

I want to amplify the PD across the LEd terminals to 5V !How do i do it ?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It looks to me like the voltage across the LED is supposed to be around 0.1 V when no cell phone is transmitting nearby. Have you tried the circuit with a cell phone transmitting nearby?
 
skeptic2 said:
It looks to me like the voltage across the LED is supposed to be around 0.1 V when no cell phone is transmitting nearby. Have you tried the circuit with a cell phone transmitting nearby?

Yes i tried using a mobile phone and measured the output.

I have measured using a multimeter and your absolutely right i am getting exactly 0.1V so how i amplify it ?

Pleas ehelp :)
 
The CA3130 is not designed for use at cell phone frequencies. I guessed that the input stage was somehow rectifying the cell phone signal and that the DC signal level was what was amplified. However since the front end is using mosfets, I'm not sure how that is being done. If you have a cell phone transmitting nearby and the voltage is not increasing at the output of the opamp, then either a component is defective or the CA3130 is not effective as a detector at cell phone frequencies.

If it were me, I would add an amplifier and detector between the antenna and input to the opamp.
 
Thanks for that suggestion but can you tell me any amplifier circuit for this ?? A circuit diagram maybe !