How to calculate p-value from KS test?

In summary, the p-value from a KS test is not a direct measure of the growth being superior to 1.1mm, but it can be used to assess the statistical significance of the difference between two sets of data.
Khrazer99
I've got these tests

View attachment 6652

They show the growth of a plant in mm and I have to test if the growth is superior to 1.1mm

I think I have to get the p-value from KS test but I'm not seeing how

Attachments

• 5RSdkqp.jpg
    5RSdkqp.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
to do this.The p-value from a KS test is not a direct measure of whether the growth is superior to 1.1mm. The KS test is used to determine the statistical significance of the difference between two sets of data (e.g. the plant growth in mm before and after some treatment). You can use the resulting p-value to assess whether or not the difference between the two datasets is statistically significant, but it cannot be used to directly test whether the growth is superior to 1.1mm.

1. What is a p-value in the context of a KS test?

A p-value is a statistical measure that represents the probability of obtaining a test statistic at least as extreme as the one observed, assuming that the null hypothesis is true. In the context of a KS test, it is used to determine whether there is a significant difference between two data sets.

2. How do you calculate the p-value from a KS test?

The p-value from a KS test can be calculated by first calculating the test statistic, which is the maximum absolute difference between the cumulative distribution functions of the two data sets. This test statistic is then compared to a critical value from a table or using a statistical software. The p-value is then determined based on the test statistic and the chosen significance level.

3. What does a high p-value from a KS test indicate?

A high p-value from a KS test indicates that there is no significant difference between the two data sets being compared. This means that the null hypothesis cannot be rejected, and the data sets are considered to be from the same underlying distribution.

4. What does a low p-value from a KS test indicate?

A low p-value from a KS test indicates that there is a significant difference between the two data sets being compared. This means that the null hypothesis can be rejected, and the data sets are considered to be from different distributions.

5. How do you interpret the p-value from a KS test?

The p-value from a KS test can be interpreted as the probability of obtaining the observed test statistic or a more extreme one, assuming that the null hypothesis is true. Typically, a p-value less than 0.05 is considered statistically significant, indicating a rejection of the null hypothesis and a significant difference between the data sets being compared.