Drakkith said:
I expect that caffeine must have certain 'antigravity' properties then.

I wonder what
@OmCheeto has to say about this peculiar effect...
A. I'm no longer allowed to get out of bed like a young person. My physical therapists spent 15 minutes explaining how old people are supposed to get out of bed, to prevent applying excess torque on the lower back.
B. I've doubled my upper body mass, and halved my lower body mass, over the last 366 days, so this problem has no solution, in my case.
C. See below: "Proper method for old people to get out of bed"
But in all seriousness, mfb implied the correct solution in post #3: The force is continuously variable.
Expanded later by CWatter in post #8.
So, IMHO, it is a cantilever problem.
And since "Statics" was the most boring college course ever invented: "The study of things just sitting there", and caused me to fall asleep within the first 5 minutes of class, causing me to fail the class 3 times, at which point I purchased some toothpicks, which allowed me to finally pass the class, allowing me to progress to "Dynamics", which I aced by the way, I would fall asleep if I actually tried to solve this problem.
Proper method for old people to get out of bed:
1. Roll to the edge of the bed.
2. Face the edge of the bed, with your body in a sitting position. Knees, calves, and feet, just at the edge.
3. Prepare your lower arm to lift your torso, as things are going to happen quickly.
4. Move those parts of your body below the knees across the ledge of the bed, which will cause gravity to pull them down, simultaneously pushing with your arm, elevating your torso to a vertical position, thus minimizing torque on your lumbar discs.
5. Get caffeine.
ps.
CWatters said:
According to...
http://www.exrx.net/Kinesiology/Segments.html
Your legs and feet account for about 17% of your mass.
Even though you provided a grand reference, I think you inappropriately used the term "legs and feet", as your reference says they only account for 6.43% of total body mass.
I learned that today, a while back.
OmCheeto said:
Today I learned that we have two kinds of "legs".