How to find the volume of a sphere [spherical coordinates]

In summary, the conversation is discussing the use of the limit of r and the hemi-sphere of a given equation. There are some mistakes pointed out in the equation, such as a possible error in subtraction instead of multiplication, incorrect cosine values, and a missing integral. The conversation also addresses the need for clarification on the variables a and r in the equation, and a reminder to use the homework template when posting.
Another
27848640_1605179276230025_786094297_n.jpg
i don't know to using limit of r ?

Attachments

• 27848640_1605179276230025_786094297_n.jpg
    27848640_1605179276230025_786094297_n.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 744
Physics news on Phys.org
i'm sorry i mean hemi-sphere of : sqrt[x^2+y^2+(z-a)^2] = R

I think there are mistakes between line 3 and 4. Where did you get the subtraction from? Shouldn't it be a multiplication? Also the cosine values seem wrong. And finally, why did you stop at the easiest of all integrals at the end ##\int r^2dr## from ##r= 0## to ?

Please do not open more than one thread with the same topic, especially if the two are both ambiguous: with or without cone, what is ##a## needed for and what is ##r## in your other thread. Furthermore, do not delete the homework template, use it! It makes reading a lot easier and if you delete it, it can be viewed as disrespectful to those who are willing to answer.

Thread closed.
The duplicate is https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/how-to-find-hemi-sphere-on-the-cone.939376/#post-5938849

1. What is the formula for finding the volume of a sphere in spherical coordinates?

The formula for finding the volume of a sphere in spherical coordinates is V = (4/3) * π * r^3, where r is the radius of the sphere.

2. How do I convert from Cartesian coordinates to spherical coordinates for finding the volume of a sphere?

To convert from Cartesian coordinates (x, y, z) to spherical coordinates (r, θ, φ), use the following formulas:
r = √(x^2 + y^2 + z^2)
θ = arccos(z/r)
φ = arctan(y/x)

3. Can I use spherical coordinates to find the volume of a hemisphere?

Yes, you can use spherical coordinates to find the volume of a hemisphere. The formula for the volume of a hemisphere is V = (2/3) * π * r^3. Simply plug in the radius of the hemisphere into the formula.

4. How does the volume of a sphere change as the radius increases?

As the radius of a sphere increases, the volume also increases. This is because the volume of a sphere is directly proportional to the cube of its radius.

5. Can I use the same formula for finding the volume of a sphere in different units?

Yes, the formula for finding the volume of a sphere in spherical coordinates can be used regardless of the units used for the radius. Just make sure that the units for the radius are consistent with the units used for π (e.g. if the radius is in meters, π should also be in meters).