How to get R= 2 ( square root ) h1h2

Main Question or Discussion Point

A ball is let down a ramp on top of a table with initial velocity of 0 ms-1. When it reaches the end of the ramp, it is launched horizontally. Knowing that we don’t take air resistance or friction into account, and that the height of the ramp is h1, and that of the table is h2 relative to ground level,how do we get to the equation R (range or distance traveled from the end of the ramp) = 2√(h1h2)

Answers and Replies

PeroK
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
A ball is let down a ramp on top of a table with initial velocity of 0 ms-1. When it reaches the end of the ramp, it is launched horizontally. Knowing that we don’t take air resistance or friction into account, and that the height of the ramp is h1, and that of the table is h2 relative to ground level,how do we get to the equation R (range or distance traveled from the end of the ramp) = 2√(h1h2)
You may want to post this in the Homework Forum. Do you know about energy and kinematic equations?

You may want to post this in the Homework Forum. Do you know about energy and kinematic equations?
i’m studying the kinematic equations right now and I still haven’t been able to do this exercise. I’ll post right now in the homework section, didn’t know there was one . Thank you PeroK