How to Integrate a Fraction with a Square Root in the Denominator

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
nyyfan0729
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Can somebody tell me step by step how to integrate (x^5)/((1-2x^3)^(1/2)).
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried the substitution [itex]y = \sqrt {1 - 2x^3 }[/itex]?
 
I don't know what you have in mind TD. I would substitute u = 1 - 2x^3, with x^3 = (1 - u)/2
 
They're essentially the same thing. But I tend to prefer TD's because it gets rid of all the messy radicals!

nyyfan0729: we're not here to do the problems for you step by step. (that's already done in your textbook and solution manual anyways) We're here to help you when you're stuck: you need to show us your thoughts on the problem, and what you've tried, so that we know where you're stuck and why.