1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to know the caracteristics of this graph

1. Jun 26, 2009 #1
    i need to determine wether its linear or non linear,time variant or time invariant,bilateral,
    voltage controlled
    current controlled
    passive or active.

the graph is
    v+10i=0

which one of them could be said
    about this graph
    ?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 26, 2009 #2

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You must have some kind of idea about whether that voltage vs current graph has any of those properties. Tell us what you know. If you don't know what they mean, you had better look it up.

4. Jun 26, 2009 #3
    i have this kind of resistor.
    v=(cos2t)i+3

i dont know to to draw its grapg

because there are 3 variables
    and i dont know why its currect contolled
    and not voltage controlled too

5. Jun 26, 2009 #4

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

When you have three variables the only way to really draw a graph is to hold one fixed and graph the relation between the other two. In this case I'd graph v versus t at fixed i, and v versus i at fixed t. To see why you would regard it as current controlled think about what a graph of i versus t and fixed v would look like. It's much easier to describe the behavior of the system as a function of time at fixed i than it is at fixed v.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook