How to make a wide range of voltage to be constand

In summary, the problem is that the LM35 sensor's output can go high or low, depending on the temperature, and the PLC input doesn't receive a consistent voltage when the temperature is low. A comparator circuit can be used to create a positive voltage, but it needs positive feedback to keep the voltage high, and you might not be able to find a voltage regulator that can handle such a wide range of input.
idvdi
i am working on my project but i do not have much practical experience on connecting the circuit, hence asking for help here.

ok here's my problem.
i have a temperature sensor LM35 which its Vout = 10mV/˚C.
the output of the temperature sensor has to be connected to PLC input.
when the output is higher than 270mV (27˚C), the nothing will happen.
when the output is equal or lower than 270mV (27˚C), PLC input will receive 5V constant voltage.

i have done research with op-amp (comparator) with negative feedback and successfully make it into a positive voltage when the temperature is lower than 27˚C.
anyhow, the voltage is in a wide range from 5v to 50v, depends on the temperature difference.
i have also done research with voltage regulator but most of them do not receive such a wide range of input.

when the temperature is lower than 27˚C, how can i make it constantly 5V to the PLC input?

Engineering news on Phys.org
idvdi said:
i am working on my project but i do not have much practical experience on connecting the circuit, hence asking for help here.

ok here's my problem.
i have a temperature sensor LM35 which its Vout = 10mV/˚C.
the output of the temperature sensor has to be connected to PLC input.
when the output is higher than 270mV (27˚C), the nothing will happen.
when the output is equal or lower than 270mV (27˚C), PLC input will receive 5V constant voltage.

i have done research with op-amp (comparator) with negative feedback and successfully make it into a positive voltage when the temperature is lower than 27˚C.
anyhow, the voltage is in a wide range from 5v to 50v, depends on the temperature difference.
i have also done research with voltage regulator but most of them do not receive such a wide range of input.

when the temperature is lower than 27˚C, how can i make it constantly 5V to the PLC input?

Welcome to the PF. It sounds like you are on the right track with the comparator circuit, but comparators use positive feedback, not negative feedback. The positive feedback is used to set the hysteresis of the comparator circuit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparator

What is voltage?

Voltage is a measure of the electric potential difference between two points in an electrical circuit. It is measured in volts (V).

Why is it important to keep the voltage constant?

Keeping the voltage constant is important because it ensures that the electrical components in a circuit are operating at their optimal levels. Fluctuations in voltage can damage or even destroy these components.

How can I make a wide range of voltage to be constant?

To make a wide range of voltage constant, you can use a voltage regulator. This device regulates the voltage output to a specific level, ensuring that it remains constant despite any changes in input voltage.

What are the different types of voltage regulators?

There are two main types of voltage regulators - linear and switching. Linear regulators use a series pass transistor to regulate the output voltage, while switching regulators use a switching element and an inductor to control the output voltage.

What factors can affect the constancy of voltage?

The constancy of voltage can be affected by factors such as changes in input voltage, fluctuations in load current, and variations in temperature. These factors can be mitigated by using a voltage regulator and ensuring proper circuit design and component selection.