Save Matlab Output: Easy Tips for Storing and Reusing Results

In summary, to save your Matlab output, you can use the "save" command followed by the name of the variable you want to save and the file name. Multiple variables can be saved at once by listing them after the file name. To access the saved output, use the "load" command followed by the file name. Output can also be saved in different formats by specifying the format in the file name. Saved results can be reused in a new Matlab session by loading them into the session and using them as any other variable. This can save time and prevent the need for rerunning calculations.
math8
I have some results in Matlab which are mainly cell arrays and numbers. I want to save these results(either in a .txt file or anywhere else) so that I can use them later to make a table, draw a graph, etc...

What is the best way to do that?

Physics news on Phys.org
save the data in as a .mat file

1. How can I save my Matlab output?

To save your Matlab output, you can use the "save" command followed by the name of the variable you want to save and the file name. For example: save my_output.mat my_variable

2. Can I save multiple variables at once?

Yes, you can save multiple variables at once by simply listing them after the file name. For example: save my_output.mat my_variable1 my_variable2 my_variable3

3. How do I access my saved output?

You can access your saved output by using the "load" command followed by the file name. For example: load my_output.mat

4. Can I save my output in a different format?

Yes, you can save your output in different formats such as CSV, Excel, or text file by specifying the format in the file name. For example: save my_output.csv my_variable

5. How can I reuse my saved results?

To reuse your saved results, you can load them into a new Matlab session and use them just like any other variable. This can save time and prevent the need for rerunning lengthy calculations.