How to Find the Value of L: A Scientific Approach

• Thread starter sittisakbj
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem involving a mass being dropped from a height of 50 m with the presence of wind blowing at 20 km/hr. The first step is to determine the time it takes for the mass to hit the ground, and then use that time to calculate the horizontal distance the mass will travel. The hint is to use the given velocity in the x direction.
sittisakbj
Hello there,
how i can solve and what 's answer for this problem(L=?) ?

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 496
Physics news on Phys.org
You need to post the original question...

sorry
i have not original question because some one ask me for this question and i sketch this image by my self .
problem is: i hold mass 1 kg then i liberate it at height 50 m .at this time have the wind blows in horizontal from the left goes to right 20km/hr . if g = 9.81m/s^ 2 . How much is this mass fall far from original point ( horizontal distance )?

the first place to start is how long it takes for the ball to hit the ground.
this should be very straight forward.

then use that amount of time to see how far the ball travels in the x direction in this amount of time. hint: you are given the velocity in the x direction.

Hope this helps!

As a scientist, the first step to solving a problem is to clearly define the problem itself. In this case, it seems that the problem is related to finding the value of L. To solve this problem, we need more information about what L represents and what context it is being used in. Once we have a clear understanding of the problem, we can then start to explore potential solutions. This may involve conducting experiments, gathering data, or using mathematical equations to find the answer. It is important to approach the problem with a systematic and analytical mindset, and to consider all possible factors and variables that may affect the outcome. By following the scientific method, we can work towards finding a reliable and accurate solution to the problem at hand.

1. How do I define the problem?

Defining the problem is the first step in the problem-solving process. This involves clearly identifying the issue, understanding its context and impact, and clearly stating the desired outcome. It is important to be specific and precise in defining the problem in order to find an effective solution.

2. What information do I need to gather?

In order to solve a problem, it is crucial to gather all the necessary information related to the issue. This may include data, facts, and opinions from various sources. It is important to gather both qualitative and quantitative information to get a well-rounded understanding of the problem.

3. How can I brainstorm solutions?

Brainstorming is a common technique used to generate a variety of solutions to a problem. This involves listing all possible solutions without any judgment or evaluation. It is important to encourage creativity and think outside the box during this process. Once all solutions are listed, they can be evaluated and narrowed down to the most feasible and effective ones.

4. How do I evaluate potential solutions?

When evaluating potential solutions, it is important to consider their feasibility, effectiveness, and potential drawbacks. This can be done by weighing the pros and cons of each solution, conducting research, and seeking input from others. It is important to keep the desired outcome in mind and choose the solution that best aligns with it.

5. How do I implement and test the solution?

Once a solution is chosen, it is important to develop an action plan for implementing it. This may involve setting specific goals, assigning tasks, and setting a timeline. It is also important to continuously monitor and assess the solution to ensure it is working effectively. If needed, adjustments can be made to improve the solution.