1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to use DWT when sample size is smaller thn filter length

1. Jun 12, 2015 #1
    Hi,
    I am new member over here. I wanted to know how to perform discrete wavelet transform, probably using symmlet 8 wavelet with 16 Low/High pass filter coefficients using matrix transformation method when decomposing to a certain level the approximate coefficients i.e. sample size becomes less than the number of filter coefficients (say 8 samples compared to 16 filter coefficients).

Matrix method have been given in several books e.g. "Ripples in Mathematics: The Discrete Wavelet Transform" - A. Jensen and A.la Cour-Harbo.

However, the book only deals with cases where the number of filter coefficients are less than sample size.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 17, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook