HTML, php and css code in ebook, proper formatting?

Hi, I want to write an ebook on CSS, HTML and php, and I'm using a RTF copy/paste plugin to my code editor so i can copy and paste code directly into MS Word from my code editor.

I'm just wondering: Can i write the whole book in MS Word and then directly upload it to amazon, for ebook readers, or what would i need to get or do in order to assure proper formatting for the ebook readers?

I'm using Verdana font for the text and for the and copy paste code the default is Curier new.

Answers and Replies

Khashishi
Science Advisor
I don't think MS Word will do a good job. MS word documents aren't designed to reflow based on the size of the screen. Why not use HTML and CSS?

Likes christian0710
I don't think MS Word will do a good job. MS word documents aren't designed to reflow based on the size of the screen. Why not use HTML and CSS?
That's very nice to know. I know a lot about html and css but very little about ebook publishing. How can CSS and HTML help me make an ebook that reflows based on screen size?

Khashishi
Science Advisor
Ok, I don't actually know anything about ebook publishing, but it looks like you can format the ebook itself in html.
http://webdesign.about.com/od/mobi/a/html-for-kindle.htm
Unfortunately, it says pre is not supported by kindle, so you'll have to figure out some way of formatting code.

Ok, I don't actually know anything about ebook publishing, but it looks like you can format the ebook itself in html.
http://webdesign.about.com/od/mobi/a/html-for-kindle.htm
Unfortunately, it says pre is not supported by kindle, so you'll have to figure out some way of formatting code.
Thank you for the reply, I might have to learn latex, seems like there is scarce guidance on proper formatting for ebook publishers who want to publish code language.