HW help requested (Tension, Circular motion, Work and Energy Theorum)

In summary, the person is struggling with solving a set of problems and is looking for guidance. They have attached their attempts at the first three problems and are only seeking help with the first part of problem 4. The person is unsure if their solution is correct due to a negative answer. Problem 4 is inaccessible due to a server requiring a username and password.
Burnenator
I have attempted each problem, but am getting lost on just what to do to solve. If i could be pointed in the right direction on how i should go about each problem that would be nice. Attached are my attempts at problems 1-3.

Homework Statement

SEE ATTACHMENT

The Attempt at a Solution

See attatchments for attempts at first 3

attempt at problem 4

M = .150kg D = .65 m
F(x) = 15000 + 10000x -25000X^2
A) work done = ∫F(x)dx = ∫15000 + 10000x -25000X^2 dx
= 15000x + 5000x^2 - ((25000x^3)/3) bounded from 0 to 65 = -9572 JoulesI only need help with part A for problem 4. I feel like i had to have done something wrong or i approuched the problem wrong because a negative answer doesn't seem to make sense.

Attachments

• Problem Assignment 2.pdf
    57.8 KB · Views: 300
  • Attempt at Problem 2.jpg
    Attempt at Problem 2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 362
  • Attempt at Problem 3.jpg
    Attempt at Problem 3.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
The problem is inaccessible, the server requires a username and a password.

Related to HW help requested (Tension, Circular motion, Work and Energy Theorum)

1. What is tension and how is it related to circular motion?

Tension is a force that is exerted on an object when it is being pulled or stretched. In circular motion, tension is the force that keeps an object moving in a circular path, acting towards the center of the circle.

2. How do you calculate tension in circular motion?

The formula for calculating tension in circular motion is T = mv²/r, where T is the tension, m is the mass of the object, v is the velocity, and r is the radius of the circular path.

3. What is the work-energy theorem?

The work-energy theorem states that the work done on an object is equal to the change in its kinetic energy. In other words, the net work done on an object is equal to the change in its speed or velocity.

4. How do you use the work-energy theorem to solve problems?

To use the work-energy theorem, you need to identify the initial and final states of the object and calculate the work done on the object. Then, you can use the formula W = ΔK to find the change in kinetic energy and solve for the unknown variable.

5. Can you provide an example of a problem involving tension, circular motion, and the work-energy theorem?

Sure, for example, if a 5 kg mass is attached to a 2-meter rope and swung in a circular path with a speed of 3 m/s, what is the tension in the rope? Using the formula T = mv²/r, we can calculate the tension to be 45 N. Then, if the mass is released and falls to the ground, what is its final velocity? By using the work-energy theorem, we can calculate the work done on the mass (0 J) and equate it to the change in kinetic energy (1/2 * 5 kg * v²). Solving for v, we get a final velocity of 6 m/s.