I am a loser loser loser loser loser

• Thread starter Crazy Tosser
  • Start date
In summary, the person is a loser who is scared to ask a girl out, and is worried about dinner freaking her out. They suggest coffee instead.

Thread Locked.

Guys......is the title of this place the Dating Advice Forums?

There are already enough threads about this crap. Please use the search function at the top of the PF menu. Or better yet, google a dating forum for advice. I'm sure plenty exists out there in the interwebs.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Cyrus said:
Thread Locked.

Guys......is the title of this place the Dating Advice Forums?

There are already enough threads about this crap. Please use the search function at the top of the PF menu. Or better yet, google a dating forum for advice. I'm sure plenty exists out there in the interwebs.

No, this is general discussion. We are discussing dating >.<

Greg Bernhardt said:
Just ask her out to dinner.

I'm pulling a Cyrus now. This is the only answer you needed. Greg should have put his answer and then locked the thread.

What better place for geeks and nerds to get dating advice than from a Physics Forum? We're talking about the Special Olympics of dating.

I think the appeal is that they automatically think everyone else here is a total geek/nerd but that they have maybe, just maybe had better success with the opposite sex so they ask, and ask, and ask. I mean I've made one thread asking for help but it wasn't nearly like these ones, I was only asking for opinions/ideas. Furthermore I've stayed an active member unlike many of these one timers.

crazy tosser said:
no, this is general discussion. We are discussing dating >.<

>.< ......?

Evo said:
What better place for geeks and nerds to get dating advice than from a Physics Forum? We're talking about the Special Olympics of dating.

Go ask their fathers? Or go ask their other male/female friends? Get out of their dorm and actually socialize so they are not social retards?

Cyrus said:
Go ask their fathers? Or go ask their other male/female friends? Get out of their dorm and actually socialize so they are not social retards?
Oh, heavens, if I wanted dating advice, my mother would be the last person I would turn to. Here is her dating advice to me when I was a teen "Men won't buy the cow if they can get the milk for free".

Thanks mom.

Evo said:
Oh, heavens, if I wanted dating advice, my mother would be the last person I would turn to. Here is her dating advice to me when I was a teen "Men won't buy the cow if they can get the milk for free".

Thanks mom.

I'm sure he has friends he can talk to. If not, then he shouldn't be dating.

If the same question comes up as often as one and the same question for pH calculations comes up it might change the nature of the site, but I think it is OK this once at least IMHO. :smile:

Is Evo giving away her milk for free? Anyone hear about this? Where is the end of the line?

Good God!

Words on the topic from an American that is, well, generally known for not being at a loss for words. He was 19 at the time:
...Last night, as merry as agreeable company and dancing with Rebecca .. could make me, I never could have thought the succeeding sun would have seen me so wretched as I now am! I was prepared to say a great deal; I had dressed up, in my own mind, such thoughts as occurred to me, in as moving language as I knew how, and expected to have performed in a tolerably creditable manner. But, good God! When I had an opportunity of venting them, a few broken sentences, uttered in great disorder, and interrupted with pauses of uncommon length, were the too visible marks of my strange confusion!...
Guesses before Googling? Did it all end well? No, six months later Rebecca was engaged to someone else.

mheslep said:
Did it all end well? No, six months later Rebecca was engaged to someone else.

In case I will have nothing else to talk about, I will resort to relativity and quantum mechanics. After all, trying to make it interesting for the "common folk" is the first step to being a good professor later on in life.

Cyrus said:
I'm sure he has friends he can talk to. If not, then he shouldn't be dating.

Cyrus, my friends are not really good at the dating stuff thing either...
If you are so annoyed by this, you can request a stickied post on >dating advice for nerds< and nobody would create a topic like this again :P

Crazy Tosser said:
If you are so annoyed by this, you can request a stickied post on >dating advice for nerds< and nobody would create a topic like this again :P

Or he could just not read it :wink:.

In case I will have nothing else to talk about, I will resort to relativity and quantum mechanics. After all, trying to make it interesting for the "common folk" is the first step to being a good professor later on in life.

S' what I said before! I don't think its a bad plan actually. A "stereotypical" girl thinking clearly would have a high probability of rejecting a nerd, but if you can confuse her first she might not be thinking clearly enough to reject anything anymore, and then she's yours forever ---> :!) :!) :!)

cristo said:
Why is dating fake? It's just spending time with someone (like Greg said, everyone eats!) and getting to know them.

It really isn't I guess. I just wanted a segway into that xkcd comic. :rolleyes:

It's not fake, so much as forced. A lot of people don't like "going out on dates" because it causes a lot of anxiety and can get awkward. That's to be expected, though, considering the pretext of the whole thing. Normally this anxiety doesn't extend beyond the beginning of the first date.

It's necessary, though, when you're not in high school anymore with any number of ways to get together with people.

Actually, I think bowling is a pretty good idea too. Probably better than my movie thing.

Cyrus: Why don't you get out of YOUR dorm and go and socialize so YOU don't become a social retard? Like, oh let's just say, the kind of guy who logs on to internet forums telling other people what to post and what not to as though he thinks he's said something unimaginably profound every time he hits the enter key. You wouldn't want to become like THEM, after all.

OH BOY! Another one of these threads again.

Cyrus said:
>.< ......?

everyone getting along I see... (>^_^)(>0_0)
tchitt has a couple of good points on dating and Cyrus and how not to make friends in a physics forum. Read them above because repeating them is a waste of thread space.If an admin is reading this, put a lock on this thread please. Thanks. And Merry Christmas! =D xoxo <3 .. okay I'm getting carried away with this thread. sorry.

mikeknick04 said:
If an admin is reading this, put a lock on this thread please.

But we all want to know what happens!
And annoying Cyrus is one of the great PF passtimes. I fully plan on making a dating question thread in about a months time if no one beats me to it.

It seems like we have been getting more and more dating questions recently. Anyone else notice that?

Crazy Tosser said:
How about movies and then a walk in a park? Or reverse?

I just thought of something. What if she finds out that you went to a physics internet site for relationship advice?

TheStatutoryApe said:
But we all want to know what happens!
Especially as something was supposed to happen yesterday. :smile:

tchitt said:
Cyrus: Why don't you get out of YOUR dorm and go and socialize so YOU don't become a social retard? Like, oh let's just say, the kind of guy who logs on to internet forums telling other people what to post and what not to as though he thinks he's said something unimaginably profound every time he hits the enter key. You wouldn't want to become like THEM, after all.

I'm sorry. I couldn't hear you over how awesome I am. I am pretty awesome, I agree with you.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go play video games and dungeons and dragons in my dorm. HEEEEH HEEEH HEEEH.

I'm glad you're so concerned about my social life. :rofl: Thanks for the laugh for today.

G01 said:
It seems like we have been getting more and more dating questions recently. Anyone else notice that?

Me? NOooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

But now that you mention it.....

Perhaps the nerds of today are a bit more bold than the nerds of the 70's, 80's, and 90's who were victimized by all those Hollywood movies playing them out to be undesirable social lepers? Nowadays, Hollywood screen writers don't stay in school long enough to grow that same sort of bitter resentment towards nerds that we have seen in the past...

What happened? I called her the entire day yesterday (~4 times per hour, for 5 hours) and nobody picked up >.<

She's probably trying to give you a hint. "MOVE ON"

What happened? I called her the entire day yesterday (~4 times per hour, for 5 hours) and nobody picked up >.<

Oh god, this is terrible...

O.k., the likely scenario is she saw you call each and every time and let her phone go to the answering machine. This is a *standard* girl trick where they try to test how eager you are by seeing if you will call back and you fell for it big time (should have posted here after the second call!).

Sorry guy, live and learn I guess.

Renge Ishyo said:
Oh god, this is terrible...

O.k., the likely scenario is she saw you call each and every time and let her phone go to the answering machine. This is a *standard* girl trick where they try to test how eager you are by seeing if you will call back and you fell for it big time (should have posted here after the second call!).

Sorry guy, live and learn I guess.

She seemed a little nicer than that...
I thought being eager was a good thing. It shows you actually care, doesn't it?

Crazy Tosser said:

HAHAhAhhHAahAHa... now you made my day.

Keep calling her. Shes just playing the ole hard to get. Usually, you have to call at least every 15 mins and text message and leave voice mails. Email her too if you know her email address, and send her constant PMs if you use AIM.

When she finally picks up just be slient for a second and make heavy breathing noises. GIRLS LOVE THIS. Then hang up the phone after about 20 seconds of this silence. She'll call you back and be all over you afterwards. I PROMISE.

Yeah, but if you look TOO eager then you appear desperate and creepy.

Crazy Tosser said:
She seemed a little nicer than that...
I thought being eager was a good thing. It shows you actually care, doesn't it?

I still can't figure out if this is a joke or not.

*sigh* Nerds are people too, as the ol'.. ol'... what's his face... said.

Anyway, I will not call her anymore probably. Enough entertainment for you guys, I will just get back to work. Got so many things in physics to learn and... well, quite a lot of time. >.<

moose said:
I still can't figure out if this is a joke or not.

Probably not; it's a common misconception of the inexperienced.

Crazy Tosser said:
*sigh* Nerds are people too, as the ol'.. ol'... what's his face... said.

Anyway, I will not call her anymore probably. Enough entertainment for you guys, I will just get back to work. Got so many things in physics to learn and... well, quite a lot of time. >.<

Don't give up hope. If you keep calling her eventually she'll cave in. Besides, everyone knows you have to text her and email her constanly too if you want a response. Have you tried going to her house and knocking on her dorm door?