I am a loser loser loser loser loser

• Thread starter Crazy Tosser
  • Start date
In summary, the person is a loser who is scared to ask a girl out, and is worried about dinner freaking her out. They suggest coffee instead.

Cyrus said:
Don't give up hope. If you keep calling her eventually she'll cave in. Besides, everyone knows you have to text her and email her constanly too if you want a response. Have you tried going to her house and knocking on her dorm door?

Oh Cyrus, you are evil >.<

Physics news on Phys.org

>.<

I'm a ladies man. he should trust my advice...rightttttttt cristo? :D

Oh dear.

Well, if she really wasn't by the phone when you called, she's probably frightened now, after seeing all of the calls.

Do men really think that women don't answer on purpose to play games? Do people really do that? Am I the only one that doesn't. I *will* turn my phone off when I don't feel like talking, but it's because I don't feel like talking. :uhh:

You should make a likelike head scuplture of her out of bologna and give it to her as a gift. Girls LOVEEEE this.

Cyrus said:
You should make a likelike head scuplture of her out of bologna and give it to her as a gift. Girls LOVEEEE this.
Oh, now this I would love, and add lips of cheese and olives for eyes.

Crazy Tosser said:
What happened? I called her the entire day yesterday (~4 times per hour, for 5 hours) and nobody picked up >.<

It is important to realize it was 5 hours only in your own reference frame. You see if you take two synchronized clocks...

(contd. on p.92)

...so evil... *sob* ...

epenguin said:
It is important to realize it was 5 hours only in your own reference frame. You see if you take two synchronized clocks...

(contd. on p.92)

So who is aboard a spaceship approaching c, me or her?

Cyrus said:
>.<

I'm a ladies man. he should trust my advice...rightttttttt cristo? :D

Yup, trust every word Cyrus says...

Evo said:
Oh dear.

Well, if she really wasn't by the phone when you called, she's probably frightened now, after seeing all of the calls.

Yea, I'd say so, especially as the poor girl doesn't even know him!

Still, I'm sure that Cyrus's "attrition dating" advice will go down a treat :wink:

I think the bologna sculpture, left in front of her door, is definitely the way to smooth the phone call thing over.

eww...bologna.

Evo said:
I think the bologna sculpture, left in front of her door, is definitely the way to smooth the phone call thing over.

...sex just isn't that important to me...

Well, to be truthful, it depends on how much time on average it takes to make one

Crazy Tosser said:
...sex just isn't that important to me...

:confused: Where did that come from?

How old are you, out of interest?

Best to be passive in the conversation. Prompt her to talk about herself. Let her generate the topics. Draw her out.

Ultimately no failure can fail as badly as doing nothing out of fear. Use "what's the worst that can happen?" as a mantra.

Try going into a conversation or date with no expectations good or bad.

But if you are nervous tell her so. Say you like her so much that you're afraid of making a bad impression. She'll understand that as a complement. But always say this with a tone of slight apology but no plea for sympathy per se.

Finally find out her passions in a first conversation and study up on these. Especially if she has a hobby you might like ask her to teach you about it.

cristo said:
:confused: Where did that come from?

How old are you, out of interest?

It's a quote *sigh*
How old am I... arrgh... forgot...

How long does it take to make ONE? WTF

Please, stop now while your slightly ahead.

Anyway, I will not call her anymore probably. Enough entertainment for you guys, I will just get back to work. Got so many things in physics to learn and... well, quite a lot of time. >.<

That's the right attitude. I feel for ya; I've been there too. The cool thing is that in 10 years you'll probably be making six figures while she is waiting tables at Denny's. It's sort of the way that nature balances these things out in the end.

Do men really think that women don't answer on purpose to play games? Do people really do that? Am I the only one that doesn't. I *will* turn my phone off when I don't feel like talking, but it's because I don't feel like talking.

Yes, *common girls* do do this thing to men on purpose (and a bunch of other things). I have two sisters and i watched them for years before they got a clue and stopped treating people like crap (so I know the truth!). In the olden days you couldn't really tell, but in the age of cell phones it is reasonable to expect people to check their cell phones on a regular basis and respond to calls if they want to as most people carry it with them and can check caller ID even if they don't pick up. *Especially* if they are a young girl. Do you really think this same girl wouldn't pick up if it is Jenny calling to go to the mall to buy shoes? People of value wouldn't do this sort of thing to another person knowing that it's hurting them, but such people are rare.

Renge Ishyo said:
That's the right attitude. I feel for ya; I've been there too. The cool thing is that in 10 years you'll probably be making six figures while she is waiting tables at Denny's. It's sort of the way that nature balances these things out in the end.

Nice try. Theoretical physicists don't make six figures a year. And grad students make less than waiters at Denny's :P

Who said you had to become a theoretical physicist? One word: engineer.

Renge Ishyo said:

He could become a cocktail waitress with his physics degree.

Those tips would probably be better than at Denny's.

Renge Ishyo said:

Eh... What do engineers do, precisely?

They make things. And get paid ****loads of money for it. There are all sorts of types of engineering, but pretty much any product that you see for sale in a store has an engineer behind its development in some way. Google it if you really don't know.

Either way, relativity and quantum mechanics are not much of an application to engineering, so why bother. I would make an awful engineer.

Crazy Tosser said:
Eh... What do engineers do, precisely?
Like hitmen, we solve problems.

Either way, relativity and quantum mechanics are not much of an application to engineering, so why bother. I would make an awful engineer.

That's just coming out because you are in a negative emotional state. I don't care what kind of a man you are, you are very likely not going to get a good woman on a casual try. It's like winning the jackpot in Vegas, the odds are that you are going to lose over and over again and you just have to hope that one day you get lucky and score a good one (then you have to be smart enough to recognize what you have and keep her...which is a second lesson). I have had one quality girl my entire life (and thank god for that, that is how I know such a thing exists), and a whole bunch of others who all behave pretty much the same way and are ultimately no good. You are going to have to try a whole bunch of times to find a good one so get used to this sort of thing.

Renge Ishyo said:
I have had one quality girl my entire life (and thank god for that, that is how I know such a thing exists), and a whole bunch of others who all behave pretty much the same way and are ultimately no good. You are going to have to try a whole bunch of times to find a good one so get used to this sort of thing.
6* out of 7 girls I've coupled with have been "quality" girls. It doesn't always have to end with 'she went crazy on me'. I am friends with several of them. Incompatibility doesn't mean a**holity.

(*only one of them do I really say 'phew, that was bad idea')

Evo said:
Do men really think that women don't answer on purpose to play games?

Oh yes, they do. Immature women like playing games, so you have to play back. I've had plenty of girls do this too me just to make me wait and sweat it out.

But you can pull the reverse on them, it's kind of evil, and you're a woman, so I'm not sure exactly why I'm telling you this story, but as a guy, I've drunk-dialed girls I used to date at odd hours of the night and you hang up after it rings on their phone once. If it doesn't wake them up and have them wondering, they spend the next week wondering what I wanted.. and constantly try calling me back, which has me seriously screening my calls for that week. A sick trick, but it seemed to have spurred a lot of girls from my past to buy me x-mas gifts this year. Not only somewhat twisted, but pretty sweet in my opinion...

Last edited:

mikeknick04 said:
A sick trick, but it seemed to have spurned a lot of girls from my past to buy me x-mas gifts this year.
Did you mean spurred? :wink: Spurned kind of gives it a different meaning.

Last edited:

DaveC426913 said:
Did you mean spurred? :uhh: Spurned is kind of exactly the opposite.

My bad, thanks for the catch. And yes, it is totally the opposite, which is what they'll do to me in this new year.

6* out of 7 girls I've coupled with have been "quality" girls. It doesn't always have to end with 'she went crazy on me'. I am friends with several of them. Incompatibility doesn't mean a**holity.

(*only one of them do I really say 'phew, that was bad idea')

That statement I made was probably too extreme...what I meant was to get a really good one you have to be patient. There are a lot of girls out there who aren't "bad" per say, but engage in pretty much the same behavior as every other girl. They aren't jerks, just typical and they do the same sort of typical things many of which I have seen over and over again from my sisters (like the "don't call the guy back game" which was just played to poor ole crazy tosser). It takes a special woman to not buy into that crap and be straight with you.

:rofl: I was just joking about the whole calling her up and making breathing noises. LOL.

You guys actually do this? AHAHHAAHAHAHHAHa....oh man. Thanks for making me laugh on xmas.

Renge Ishyo, your 'you'll be making 6 figures and she'll be working at Denny's' comments are probably some of the worst I've heard yet.

AHAHHHAAahh...lot's of gems to laugh at in this thread.

You'll be making six figures.....AHHAAHAH... WOoooooooooooooooooooo. You just can't make this stuff up. You just cant.

It's generally not good when the blind try to lead the blind. You just stumble into things.

mikeknick04 said:
Oh yes, they do. Immature women like playing games, so you have to play back. I've had plenty of girls do this too me just to make me wait and sweat it out.
Immature women = girls. Don't rob the cradle.

Crazy Tosser said:
I didn't really talk to her about relativity that much, but I couldn't think of anything to talk but relativity. And yes, the dinner part scares me. First, I don't have a car. Second, I wouldn't know how to act even if I had one. Third, what do normal people talk about anyway?

Most females don't like guys who talk too much anyways. My advice is to ecourage her to talk about herself, and be a good listener. Ask her about things like: what is her favorite kind of food, what movies she likes, what is her favorite color. Give her a few compliments. Then let her talk, and when appropriate, be humorous. Try not to act too serious.

mikeknick04 said:
Oh yes, they do. Immature women like playing games, so you have to play back.

Or you can move on until you find somebody who doesn't do that.

Crazy Tosser, the main thing is to convince her your not some kind of weirdo or creep. That's worse than being friend-zoned. At least if you're friends you get to hang out and meet her friends, and maybe you'll hit it off with one of them.

Renge Ishyo, your 'you'll be making 6 figures and she'll be working at Denny's' comments are probably some of the worst I've heard yet.

I squarely take that as a compliment.