1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I am at the point of deciding what to study.

1. Jan 13, 2008 #1
    i am at the point of deciding what to study. please can some body tell me what do i have to study to become a string scientist. is the string only field which deals with time space and mysteries of nature

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 13, 2008 #2

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

to become a string-theorist: Apply to collage/university and study lots of math and theoretical physics, and do your diploma work at a department that do reasearch in string theory.

It depends on how you define "mysteries of nature", all fields of physics study the foundations of our nature, Matter; forces and energy.

It also depends on how old you are, and where you are in your career. If you haven't applied to collage yet, do so and wait. First choose to study physics at a good university and do your very best, then see what happens and what you will become interested in the future.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?