I am at the point of deciding what to study.

• Thread starter abdul rehman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Point Study
In summary, to become a string scientist, one must apply to a college or university and study a combination of mathematics and theoretical physics. A good starting point would be to do diploma work at a department that conducts research in string theory. It is important to note that all fields of physics study the foundations of nature, and it is beneficial to have a strong foundation in physics before specializing in string theory. Age and current career status should also be taken into consideration when deciding on a path towards becoming a string scientist.
abdul rehman
i am at the point of deciding what to study. please can some body tell me what do i have to study to become a string scientist. is the string only field which deals with time space and mysteries of nature

Physics news on Phys.org
to become a string-theorist: Apply to collage/university and study lots of math and theoretical physics, and do your diploma work at a department that do reasearch in string theory.

It depends on how you define "mysteries of nature", all fields of physics study the foundations of our nature, Matter; forces and energy.

It also depends on how old you are, and where you are in your career. If you haven't applied to collage yet, do so and wait. First choose to study physics at a good university and do your very best, then see what happens and what you will become interested in the future.

I would recommend exploring the field of theoretical physics. This field deals with the fundamental laws and principles that govern the universe, including the concept of space-time and the mysteries of nature. Within this field, you can specialize in string theory, which is a theoretical framework that attempts to explain the behavior of particles and forces at a quantum level. To become a string scientist, you will need to have a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, and computer science. It is also important to have a passion for learning and a curious mind to continue exploring the mysteries of the universe. I suggest researching universities or organizations that offer programs or research opportunities in theoretical physics, particularly in the field of string theory. Good luck on your academic journey!

What are the different fields of science I can study?

There are many different fields of science you can study, such as biology, chemistry, physics, environmental science, psychology, and more. Each field focuses on a specific aspect of the natural world and has its own unique approach and methods.

How do I decide what to study?

Deciding what to study can be a challenging decision. It is important to consider your interests, strengths, and career goals when choosing a field of study. You can also talk to advisors, professors, and professionals in different fields to gain more insight and information.

What are the job opportunities in different science fields?

There are a wide range of job opportunities in different science fields. For example, if you study biology, you could work in fields such as healthcare, research, education, environmental conservation, and more. It is important to research the job market and potential career paths within your chosen field of study.

What skills do I need to succeed in studying science?

To succeed in studying science, it is important to have strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills. You should also have a strong foundation in math and science, as well as good communication and teamwork skills. Additionally, being curious, persistent, and open-minded can also be helpful in the scientific field.

What are the potential challenges in studying science?

Studying science can be challenging at times, as it requires a lot of hard work, dedication, and perseverance. Some potential challenges may include difficult concepts and theories, demanding coursework, and long hours in the lab. However, with determination and a passion for learning, these challenges can be overcome.