I don't understand the derivation process here, help?

In summary, the conversation discusses the explanation and understanding of the equations (15.7) and (15.8) in relation to instantaneous velocity and maximum speed of oscillation. The question is raised about the disappearance of sin(15.7) and whether t is factored out in equation (15.8). The conclusion is that Equation (15.7) gives the instantaneous velocity and Equation (15.8) gives the maximum speed of the oscillation.
Felix Gonzales

Homework Statement

• I understand the derivation it showed that included the sin (15.7 in the image) I just don't understand the following (15.8 in the image). Does "t" get pulled out of the equation? If so what do we derive for then? Does it become 0? If so, it would remain 0 and sin(0) is just going to be 0, so that's not possible right? My issue is that I'm not sure how the sin and cos just disappear here.

Homework Equations

KlPeguK.png

xMNWQRs.png

30wyjWc.png

The Attempt at a Solution

• The only conclusion I drew was that somewhere between 15.7 and 15.8 and not before (allowing for the first few steps in 15.7) so I figured someone just erased all that out so they could be left with ωA. Though I doubt that's true and which is why I'd rather get a second opinion.

Physics news on Phys.org
Equation (15.7) gives you the instantaneous velocity as a function of time, while Equation (15.8) gives you the expression for the maximum speed of the oscillation.

What is the maximum value of ##\sin \omega t##?

Likes Felix Gonzales
Fightfish said:
Equation (15.7) gives you the instantaneous velocity as a function of time, while Equation (15.8) gives you the expression for the maximum speed of the oscillation.

What is the maximum value of ##\sin \omega t##?
*Edit* sorry I just saw the first half of your comment lol

1. What is the derivation process?

The derivation process is the process of systematically deriving or obtaining a result or equation from given information or principles. It involves breaking down a complex problem into smaller, more manageable steps and using known laws and principles to reach a solution.

2. Why is the derivation process important?

The derivation process is important because it allows us to understand the underlying principles and relationships in a problem. It also helps us to verify the correctness of a result and can be used to generalize and apply the solution to other similar problems.

3. How do I approach the derivation process?

The first step in approaching the derivation process is to clearly understand the given information and the desired result. Then, it is important to break down the problem into smaller steps and identify the relevant laws and principles that can be applied. It is also helpful to make use of visual aids or diagrams to better understand the problem.

4. What should I do if I get stuck in the derivation process?

If you get stuck in the derivation process, it is important to take a step back and review the information and steps you have taken so far. It may also be helpful to consult with others or seek additional resources for clarification. Sometimes taking a break and coming back to the problem with a fresh perspective can also be beneficial.

5. How can I improve my skills in the derivation process?

The derivation process can be improved through practice and continuous learning. It is important to familiarize yourself with different principles and techniques that can be applied in problem-solving. It can also be helpful to seek guidance from more experienced individuals and to actively engage in discussions and problem-solving activities with others.