I don't understand this question

• Thread starter 6ies
  • Start date
In summary, a man is jumping off a 500m high cliff and is wondering how long it will take to reach the bottom. The formula for this is to consider the constant acceleration due to gravity, which is 9.81 m/s2. With this information, it can be determined that it will take him a certain amount of time to fall the 500m. This is considered to be a basic problem and additional help can be provided for studying for the test. Good luck on the test!
6ies
a man jumps off a cliff that is 500m high how long will it take to get to the bottom. can someone just tell me the formula, i have a test tomorrow and i donm't want to fail.

Physics news on Phys.org
Assume a man steps off the cliff of 500 m. How long will it take him to fall 500m.

Think of the acceleration due to gravity, which is constant, 9.81 m/s2.

How long does it take an object to travel 500 m with an constant acceleration of 9.81 m/s2? This is a pretty basic problem.

Astronuc said:
This is a pretty basic problem.

My guess would just be that he just didn't know the acceleration due to gravity.

But yes, I couldn't have explained it better then Astronuc. :) Need anymore help with studying for the test?
Good luck with it, by the way.

1. What does "I don't understand this question" mean?

"I don't understand this question" is a phrase used to indicate confusion or uncertainty about the meaning or intent of a question. It could mean the person does not understand the words being used, or they are unsure of how to answer the question.

2. Why would someone say "I don't understand this question"?

There are several reasons someone might say this. They may not have enough knowledge or background information to understand the question, they may be unfamiliar with the topic or terminology being used, or they may simply need more clarification or context in order to answer the question accurately.

3. How should I respond if someone says "I don't understand this question"?

If someone says this, it is important to be patient and try to understand why they are confused. You can ask them to clarify which part of the question they are having trouble with, or rephrase the question in simpler terms. It may also be helpful to provide some background information or context to help them better understand the question.

4. Is it okay to say "I don't understand this question" as a scientist?

Absolutely! Science is all about asking questions and seeking knowledge. If there is something you don't understand, it is important to speak up and ask for clarification. It shows a willingness to learn and a commitment to accuracy in your research.

5. How can I avoid saying "I don't understand this question" as a scientist?

As a scientist, it is important to have a strong understanding of your field and the terminology used. However, it is impossible to know everything, and there will always be new questions and concepts to learn. To avoid saying "I don't understand this question," you can continue to expand your knowledge through reading, attending conferences and workshops, and collaborating with other scientists. It is also important to actively listen and ask questions when something is unclear to you.