Checklist Accomplished: Launching My Daughter Into the World

• Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
In summary, as a parent, you have provided your daughter with all the love, support, and guidance she needs to grow into an independent and successful adult. From feeding and keeping her clean, to teaching her valuable life skills and being there for her during tough times, you have been a constant presence in her life. And now, as she heads off to college, you can proudly say that you have successfully launched her into the world. Congratulations on a job well done!
BobG said:
Teaching her kids how to do that thing where they make an "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" sound. Then they place their finger horizontally across their mouth and move it up and down to turn the "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" into a "aabwaaabwaaabwaaabwaaabwaaabwaaabwa" sound.

My grandson is making pretty progress with this. First, he would make the "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" sound and I'd have to move my finger up and down to add the "aaaaaabwaaabwaaabwaaabwaaabwaaabwaaabwaaabwa". Now he's reached the point where he tries to do it on his own. Except he uses his whole hand instead of just his finger, so the sound's degraded just a little bit.

Which leads me to the one problem I have with this. Terminology isn't terribly important right now, but eventually he's going to learn how to talk and he'll ask me what we're doing.

I don't have a clue! What is that called, anyway?!

After a very long duration (but short distance) car trip last weekend (stuck in traffic because of the upcoming football game and Dad's poor choice of streets), Little E (at 14 months) now does that finger thing on me if I go "aaaaah". We haven't gotten to the William Tell Overture though. I don't think Dad and the rest of the gang were pleased with her progress towards this, but it beat having a crying baby in the back seat after she'd finished up her baggie of Cheerios.

Personally, overall we're still stuck at the first three on the list... though I'll say she often teaches me the wonderment of the world. Who knew keys, empty boxes, etc. were so cool... let alone the [damn] cats?

Physics news on Phys.org
physics girl phd said:
After a very long duration (but short distance) car trip last weekend (stuck in traffic because of the upcoming football game and Dad's poor choice of streets), Little E (at 14 months) now does that finger thing on me if I go "aaaaah". We haven't gotten to the William Tell Overture though. I don't think Dad and the rest of the gang were pleased with her progress towards this, but it beat having a crying baby in the back seat after she'd finished up her baggie of Cheerios.

Personally, overall we're still stuck at the first three on the list... though I'll say she often teaches me the wonderment of the world. Who knew keys, empty boxes, etc. were so cool... let alone the [damn] cats?

Yet, you ignored the most important part of my post!

What the heck is that thing called?! How can something so many people do not have a name?

rootX said:
Teaching whatever might be challenging ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y5AlxRruOU

But she's thinking, "You stupid people! Can't I just once go to a restaraunt and color the menu like a normal kid?!"