I need Russian sources (Aerodynamic and Flight Mechanics)

In summary, the individual is a mechanical engineering student who is studying aircraft design, specifically UAVs. They are looking for suggestions on Russian books on aerodynamics and aircraft design. One suggestion is N.F. Krasnov's two-volume set on aerodynamics, which covers topics such as shock wave theory, compressible flow, and aerodynamic interference. Another recommendation is Landau and Lifshitz's "Course of Theoretical Physics," with volume six focusing on fluid dynamics.
kdrdgn07
Hi guys. I need ur suggestion. Firstly, (I got to say that I'm new about this topic) I'm studying mechanical engineering and It's my first year. I've never learned about fluid mechanics or termodynamic or differantial equations before but I'm dealing with Aircrafts especially UAV. I've read Aircraft design (Daniel P. Raymer) and some other small sources and I've learned a lot. I deal to make model aircraft nowadays. It's okey.
Your suggestion is related with book. I'm looking some Russian Aerodynamic or aircraft design books. Tupolev, Ilyushin etc. Can you suggest a book for me? Thank you. (Just Russian)

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, I'm not familiar with the engineering literature on fluid dynamics, but for a theoretical physicist the immediate association with "physics textbook" it's Landau and Lifshitz 10-volume "Course of Theoretical Physics", and the fluid dynamics book (vol. 6) is just marvelous (as are all volumes except vol. 4 on QED which is a bit outdated).

Likes kdrdgn07
vanhees71 said:
Well, I'm not familiar with the engineering literature on fluid dynamics, but for a theoretical physicist the immediate association with "physics textbook" it's Landau and Lifshitz 10-volume "Course of Theoretical Physics", and the fluid dynamics book (vol. 6) is just marvelous (as are all volumes except vol. 4 on QED which is a bit outdated).

Thank you so much brosky :)

N.F.Krasnov Aerodynamics, volume I
Table of Contents,Preface,Introduction,Chapter 1 (Basic Information from Aerodynamics), Chapter 2 (Kinematics of A Fluid), Chapter 3 (Fundamentals of Fluid Dynamics), Chapter 4(Shock Wave Theory), Chapter 5 (Method of Characteristics), Chapter 6 (AirfoilBnd Finite-Span Wing in an Incompressible Flow), Chapter 7 (An Airfoil in a Compressible Flow), Chapter 8 (A Wing in a Supersonic Flow), Chapter 9 (Aerodynamic Characteristics Of Craft in Unsteady Motion)

N.F.Krasnov Aerodynamics, volume II
Table of Contents, Preface, Introduction, Chapter 10 (A Cone in a Supersonic Flow) Chapter 11 (A Sharp-Nosed Body of Revolution in a Supersonic Flow), Chapter 12 (Aerodynamic Interference), Chapter 13 (Friction), Chapter 14 (Heat Transfer), Chapter 15 (Aerodynamics of Rarefied Gases), References, Supplementary Reading

1. What is the importance of Russian sources in the study of Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics?

Russian sources are important in the study of Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics because Russia has a long history and expertise in these areas. Russian scientists and engineers have made significant contributions to the field, and their research and developments are widely recognized and respected.

2. Where can I find Russian sources for my research on Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics?

There are several ways to find Russian sources for your research. You can start by searching academic databases and libraries that specialize in Russian studies. You can also reach out to experts and professors in the field who may have access to Russian publications and resources.

3. What types of Russian sources are available for studying Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics?

There are various types of Russian sources available for studying Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics. These include research papers, textbooks, journals, conference proceedings, and technical reports. Additionally, there are also online resources and databases that provide access to Russian sources.

4. How can I ensure the credibility and reliability of Russian sources in my research?

To ensure the credibility and reliability of Russian sources, it is essential to critically evaluate the source's author, publisher, and publication date. You can also check for citations and references to other reputable sources. It is also helpful to consult with experts in the field to verify the accuracy of the information.

5. Can I use translated versions of Russian sources in my research on Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics?

Yes, you can use translated versions of Russian sources in your research. However, it is crucial to ensure the accuracy of the translation and to cite the original source properly. If possible, it is recommended to use the original Russian source for the most precise and reliable information.