1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering I need Russian sources (Aerodynamic and Flight Mechanics)

1. Aug 22, 2016 #1
    Hi guys. I need ur suggestion. Firstly, (I gotta say that I'm new about this topic) I'm studying mechanical engineering and It's my first year. I've never learned about fluid mechanics or termodynamic or differantial equations before but I'm dealing with Aircrafts especially UAV. I've read Aircraft design (Daniel P. Raymer) and some other small sources and I've learned a lot. I deal to make model aircraft nowadays. It's okey.
    Your suggestion is related with book. I'm looking some Russian Aerodynamic or aircraft design books. Tupolev, Ilyushin etc. Can you suggest a book for me? Thank you. (Just Russian)

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 23, 2016 #2

vanhees71

Science Advisor
    2016 Award

Well, I'm not familiar with the engineering literature on fluid dynamics, but for a theoretical physicist the immediate association with "physics textbook" it's Landau and Lifshitz 10-volume "Course of Theoretical Physics", and the fluid dynamics book (vol. 6) is just marvelous (as are all volumes except vol. 4 on QED which is a bit outdated).

4. Aug 23, 2016 #3
    Thank you so much brosky :)

5. Aug 27, 2016 #4
    N.F.Krasnov Aerodynamics, volume I
    Table of Contents,Preface,Introduction,Chapter 1 (Basic Information from Aerodynamics), Chapter 2 (Kinematics of A Fluid), Chapter 3 (Fundamentals of Fluid Dynamics), Chapter 4(Shock Wave Theory), Chapter 5 (Method of Characteristics), Chapter 6 (AirfoilBnd Finite-Span Wing in an Incompressible Flow), Chapter 7 (An Airfoil in a Compressible Flow), Chapter 8 (A Wing in a Supersonic Flow), Chapter 9 (Aerodynamic Characteristics Of Craft in Unsteady Motion)

N.F.Krasnov Aerodynamics, volume II
    Table of Contents, Preface, Introduction, Chapter 10 (A Cone in a Supersonic Flow) Chapter 11 (A Sharp-Nosed Body of Revolution in a Supersonic Flow), Chapter 12 (Aerodynamic Interference), Chapter 13 (Friction), Chapter 14 (Heat Transfer), Chapter 15 (Aerodynamics of Rarefied Gases), References, Supplementary Reading

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted