I need to find the velocity vector two results help please

In summary, the conversation is about finding the velocity vector for a given time using a given equation. The student's attempt at solving the problem is shown in an attachment, but they are unsure if their answer is correct. Another person confirms that the answer is correct and explains that the difference in results is due to factoring and simplifying values. The student is happy with the confirmation of their answer.
mimi.janson

Homework Statement

find the velocity vector for the time t=2s

i have given r(t)=
(50*sin((1/2)*t)*cos ((1/4)t),
-50*sin((1/2)*t)*sin((1/4)t))

Homework Equations

i also know that r(t)=
(50*sin(k*t)*cos (1/2k*t),
-50*sin(k*t)*sin(1/2k*t))
where k = 0,5s-1

The Attempt at a Solution

so i tried solving it and my attempt is shown in the attachment where i got the result
v(2)=6,8;-15,7

but someone said it has to be solved with the following results
25m/s*[0,272449, -0,62826] so I am quite confused now..

so i don't know what to do and HOPE VERY MUCH someone will check my result v(2)=6,8;-15,7 and tell me if its right or not and if so what i can do to get the right result

Attachments

• x of t.png
    x of t.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 448
Physics news on Phys.org
mimi.janson said:
so i tried solving it and my attempt is shown in the attachment where i got the result
v(2)=6,8;-15,7

but someone said it has to be solved with the following results
25m/s*[0,272449, -0,62826] so I am quite confused now..

so i don't know what to do and HOPE VERY MUCH someone will check my result v(2)=6,8;-15,7 and tell me if its right or not and if so what i can do to get the right result

Actually, your answer is correct if you refer angles with radians only. There seems to be no incorrect approach here.

What someone just did is to factor out 25 for each vector. Then, simplify the values. Yours and someone's answers are equivalent.

Nicely done!

NasuSama said:
Actually, your answer is correct if you refer angles with radians only. There seems to be no incorrect approach here.

What someone just did is to factor out 25 for each vector. Then, simplify the values. Yours and someone's answers are equivalent.

Nicely done!

Oh GREAT ! this answer is the one that has made me most happy ever <3

:)

1. What is a velocity vector?

A velocity vector is a mathematical representation of the speed and direction of an object's motion. It is typically represented as an arrow pointing in the direction of motion, with the length of the arrow representing the speed.

2. How do I find the velocity vector?

To find the velocity vector, you need to know the object's speed and the direction it is moving in. You can either measure these values directly or calculate them using other known quantities, such as distance and time.

3. What are the units of a velocity vector?

The units of a velocity vector depend on the units used to measure speed and direction. For example, if speed is measured in meters per second and direction is measured in degrees, then the velocity vector would have units of meters per second per degree.

4. How can I use two results to find the velocity vector?

If you have two results, such as the distance traveled and the time it took to travel that distance, you can use these to calculate the speed and direction of the object's motion. Once you have these values, you can represent them as a velocity vector.

5. Can I use a velocity vector to predict an object's future motion?

Yes, you can use a velocity vector to predict an object's future motion. By knowing the object's current speed and direction, you can calculate where it will be at a future time. However, this prediction assumes that the object's speed and direction will remain constant, which may not always be the case.