I really in deciding what course to take next year.

• Courses
  • Thread starter masterchief1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Course Year
In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's struggle in deciding which course to take for their future career in fields related to computers, programming, electronics, or games. They ask for suggestions and inquire about the employment prospects in these fields. The other person suggests seeking career guidance and shares a website that offers online personality assessments to help identify strengths and weaknesses and find suitable career paths.
masterchief1
I really need help in deciding what course to take next year. I want to have a career with something to do with computers/programming/electronics or even games. But I don't know what course to take, could anyone make some suggestions?
How are the employment prospects in this field? Will I get hired straight out of uni?
Any help is very appreciated.
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
One course isn't going to determine your career. We need more info about you - your strengths/weaknesses/major/university/location/etc.

Career guidance

Hello Masterchef,

I can understand your problem of which course to be decided and how can it will be helpful for your career, I want to share something with you i,e I had gone through a site which deals with career building and career guidance I can say that all issues related can be solved under one roof. I can give some points about that consultant, An important feature of this manual is that it provides access to powerful online personality assessments. These tools will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses and gain valuable insights into the types of work you are most suited to. http://www.career-wise.com.au"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the site, I'll check it out.

1. What factors should I consider when choosing a course for next year?

When deciding on a course for next year, it's important to consider your interests, career goals, academic strengths, and the job market. You should also research the curriculum, course requirements, and potential job opportunities after graduation.

2. How do I know which course will be the best fit for me?

The best course for you will depend on your individual strengths, interests, and goals. Consider taking career assessments or speaking with a career counselor to gain insight into your strengths and interests. You can also talk to current students or alumni in the field you are interested in to get a better understanding of the course and career path.

3. What resources are available to help me make a decision about my course?

There are many resources available to help you make an informed decision about your course. Your school's career center, academic advisors, and professors can provide valuable guidance and advice. You can also attend information sessions, college fairs, and research online to gather more information about potential courses.

4. How can I balance my interests and career goals when choosing a course?

It's important to find a balance between your interests and career goals when choosing a course. Consider taking courses that align with your interests, but also offer practical skills and knowledge that can help you achieve your career goals. You can also explore internships or job shadowing opportunities to gain hands-on experience and see if a certain course or career path is a good fit for you.

5. What happens if I choose the wrong course?

Choosing the wrong course is not uncommon, and it's important to remember that it's never too late to make a change. You can always switch courses or even change your major if you realize your current course is not the right fit. It's important to be proactive and seek guidance from your academic advisors or career counselors to explore your options and make a plan for a successful academic and career path.