1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I.S.U Topic help

1. Nov 28, 2006 #1
    Here is the problem i am presented with. It is a research paper, and all i need is a topic to write it on. So any Suggestions would help.

Other than Maglex trains, particle accelerators, amd mass spectometers. Write a report on another technology involving electromagnitism?
    so what other technologies exists?

Suggestions please
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2006 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I think they number in the "zillions". I recently saw a problem about how ink gets deposited in an inkjet printer. I don't know if the problem was accurate, but that, or laser printers, or both could be interesting. Older style TVs and computer monitors (before they all disappear) use CRT tubes to create images.
  4. Nov 28, 2006 #3
    I need like something along the lines of those huge magnets that are used to pick up cars at the junk yard. or Generators or something of that sorts. im actually having a difficult time finding something with substantial information..
    please anyone else have any other suggestions??
  5. Nov 28, 2006 #4
    Do some research on cyclotrons or synchotrons
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?