Finding a Topic for I.S.U Research Paper: Electromagnetism

• Thread starter quickslant
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Topic
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a topic for a research paper on a technology involving electromagnetism. The participants suggest various technologies such as inkjet and laser printers, CRT tubes, and generators. Another suggestion is to research cyclotrons and synchotrons for their use in cancer treatment.
quickslant
Here is the problem i am presented with. It is a research paper, and all i need is a topic to write it on. So any Suggestions would help.

Other than Maglex trains, particle accelerators, amd mass spectometers. Write a report on another technology involving electromagnitism?
so what other technologies exists?

Suggestions please

Physics news on Phys.org
I think they number in the "zillions". I recently saw a problem about how ink gets deposited in an inkjet printer. I don't know if the problem was accurate, but that, or laser printers, or both could be interesting. Older style TVs and computer monitors (before they all disappear) use CRT tubes to create images.

I need like something along the lines of those huge magnets that are used to pick up cars at the junk yard. or Generators or something of that sorts. I am actually having a difficult time finding something with substantial information..
please anyone else have any other suggestions??

Do some research on cyclotrons or synchotrons

Related to Finding a Topic for I.S.U Research Paper: Electromagnetism

1. What is electromagnetism?

Electromagnetism is a branch of physics that deals with the study of the relationship between electricity and magnetism. It explains how electrically charged particles interact with each other and with magnetic fields.

2. Why is electromagnetism an important topic for research?

Electromagnetism has a wide range of applications in technology, from motors and generators to communication devices. By understanding the principles of electromagnetism, we can improve existing technologies and develop new ones that can benefit society.

3. How do I choose a specific topic for my research paper on electromagnetism?

Start by brainstorming potential research questions related to electromagnetism that interest you. Then, do some preliminary research to see if there is enough information and resources available on the topic. You can also consult with your professor or peers for suggestions and feedback.

4. Can I choose a topic that has already been extensively researched in the field of electromagnetism?

Yes, you can choose a topic that has already been researched, but make sure to approach it from a new angle or perspective. This could involve exploring a different aspect of the topic or applying new techniques or technology to further enhance our understanding of the subject.

5. How can I ensure that my research topic on electromagnetism is relevant and impactful?

Make sure your research topic addresses a current issue or problem in the field of electromagnetism. You can also consider collaborating with experts in the field or incorporating real-world applications in your research to make it more impactful. Additionally, regularly seeking feedback from your supervisor and peers can help ensure the quality and relevance of your research.