What are my options for studying physics as an international student?

• Thread starter Yh Hoo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physicist
In summary: However, you might want to consider if you want to live in a big city or a more rural area.If you currently study in Secondary School and will soon graduate to PreUniversity level, you should consider taking the A-Levels. If your parents are willing to support you financially, then you can study overseas at a local or overseas university.
Yh Hoo
If i currently study in Secondary School and will soon graduate to PreUniversity level, which way should i choose?

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean by 'way'?

Sorry. I mean should i go for A-levels which is orientated to oversea university ??

Yh Hoo said:
If i currently study in Secondary School and will soon graduate to PreUniversity level, which way should i choose?

You really should put more effort into your posts if you want others to put forth some effort into helping you out. Anyways, you should edit your original post and put in more detail. Its extremely vague, people need to know more about you in order to help you out.

Just my 2c.

If you wish to study at an overseas university that requires A-Levels, then by all means take the A-Levels.

As already stated, try posting a little more information when asking a question of this nature, otherwise we cannot provide you with any decent advice.

Very sorry about that. all right now i have completed my secondary school final examination(in Malaysia we call it SPM) and now is waiting or the result. my friend and i are so interested in the theory of physics plus math like calculus.. So I am worried where should i gt my bachelor of science physics. should it be local university(malaysia) of oversea university ?

Yh Hoo said:
Very sorry about that. all right now i have completed my secondary school final examination(in Malaysia we call it SPM) and now is waiting or the result. my friend and i are so interested in the theory of physics plus math like calculus.. So I am worried where should i gt my bachelor of science physics. should it be local university(malaysia) of oversea university ?

You do realize that choosing a university depends on a lot of factors, right? For example, one of the most important issues is the cost of your study. Would you parents be willing to support you financially, if you cannot get any scholarship? [What are the scholarship available in the first place?] If your parents don't mind to support you, then how much can they afford each year?

Then there's the issue of whether you want to experience life in other countries, gain more different perspective of life, so to speak; education is not just about getting a degree. If so what kind of environment would you prefer to be living in for the next 3 to 4 years? These are just a few of the many issues you should seriously think about.

When you say "should it be local university or oversea", what criteria are you taking into considerations? Perhaps you should further explain your concerns?

By the way, I took STPM instead of A-level, and then I went to National University of Singapore to get my math degree.

It might cost a lot to study overseas.
One good possible choice is the NUS in Singapore, the tuition fees are high, but if I recall, there was a kind of a loan system by S'porean government offering complete educational loans for foreign students, and the payback is to work 3 years in S'pore after graduation.

Of course, the most affordable solution is to study in one of the public M'sian universities (UM, UKM,USM ...).

FAQ: What are my options for studying physics as an international student?

What is a physicist?

A physicist is a scientist who studies the fundamental laws and principles that govern the natural world, such as matter, energy, and motion. They use mathematical and experimental methods to understand the behavior of these natural phenomena.

What skills do I need to become a physicist?

To become a physicist, you will need a strong foundation in mathematics, problem-solving abilities, critical thinking skills, and a curiosity about the natural world. You should also have good communication skills, be detail-oriented, and be able to work independently and as part of a team.

What education do I need to become a physicist?

Most physicists have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in physics or a related field, such as engineering or mathematics. Many go on to earn a master's or doctoral degree in physics to advance in their careers. It is also helpful to have experience with computer programming and laboratory techniques.

What career opportunities are available for physicists?

Physicists have a wide range of career opportunities in various industries, including research and development, academia, government agencies, and private companies. They can work on cutting-edge technologies, conduct fundamental research, or apply their knowledge to solve real-world problems.

What are the benefits of being a physicist?

Being a physicist offers many benefits, such as the opportunity to make groundbreaking discoveries, contribute to society, and work on challenging and intellectually stimulating projects. It can also lead to a fulfilling and financially rewarding career with opportunities for growth and advancement.