I want to learn now to cook

• Thread starter kant
  • Start date

Mk

Though Cyrus has a good point, I'm with Jelfish.

Ha ha, look at this
Wikipedia - Rachel Ray:
On her television programs she has coined catchphrases such as "E.V.O.O... extra-virgin olive oil" (explained with each use, defeating the apparent purpose of the acronym), "Yum-O!", and "How good is THAT?"[1].
Her signature tool is the santoku chef's knife. She claims to dislike baking desserts and to be notorious for burning bread under the broiler. Ray says her late Sicilian maternal grandfather, Emmanuel Scuderi, served as a strong influence on her cooking. To critics of her shortcut techniques, Ray responds, "I have no formal anything. I'm completely unqualified for any job I've ever had."
Oh and
In 2003 she posed for the men's magazine FHM. The New York Times wrote, "The shots feature Ms. Ray in short-shorts with an exposed midriff, licking chocolate off a big wooden spoon, eating a strawberry and sitting in a sink, laughing as suds cascade down her thighs."
It doesn't say if she was only wearing short-shorts. :frown:
And how do you lick a spoon and eat a strawberry at the same time? I'm gonna go try.

Last edited:

Mk

Jelfish said:
She does do some very unwise things just to fit her show in 30-minutes real time. Most of it involves not cooking meat long enough.
MIH said:
Jelfish and Cyrus should have their own cooking show, it would be very entertaining.
On my show we cook jellyfish :cool:

You just want them to have their own Naked Chef show. What do you think of his chefing abilities?

:biggrin:
I haven't had a chance to see Naked Chef yet. I've heard that show is pretty popular though.

ek

Ok, first of all I'm no chef, but I did take seven cooking (yes seven) cooking courses in high school. I used to watch the food network A LOT. I still watch it a bit, but only a bit. It used to be my most watched channel. But I know the food network, believe me I do.

Emeril knows what he's doing. He is a master chef.

Rachel Ray is pleasant looking. Her wardrobe on "30 minute meals" is just REALLY frumpy. She seems to wear the same 90s high rider black pants and red cardigan every episode. On her other show "$40 a day" she looks MUCH better. It is really astounding how they make her look so bad on one show while making her look quite nice on the other show. I always have a laugh about the EVOO thing. She really does define it everytime. A little bit of trivia, the set for "30 minute meals" was used as a tv set set on Law and Order in season 15.

The best shows on the food network imo are Molto/Mediterranean Mario (Mario Batali) and Licensed to Grill (Rob Renford). I have also been known to watch Bobby Flay's shows Grillin and Chillin and Boy Meets Grill, both of Rachel Ray's shows, both of Emeril's shows, The Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten), and the one with the pretty italian girl whose name escapes me right now.

Mk

Maybe the Sisterhood could help you on the show. They and we (Jelfish, Cyrus, Mk (director+producer)) could do some chefing with us. How are their chefing abilities?

Mk

ek said:
and the one with the pretty italian girl whose name escapes me right now.
Ohh, she's hot I watch her show all the time. Everyday Italian with Giada de Laurentiis. I like that show, and Good Eats, and 30-minute Meals.

I haven't had a chance to see Naked Chef yet. I've heard that show is pretty popular though.
Yeah, my mom watches that show a lot.

Last edited:
ek said:
... and the one with the pretty italian girl whose name escapes me right now.
I know exactly who you're talking about and also have no clue what her name is :rofl: (I don't think I ever have). Something about her show "Everyday Italian" (?) seems kind of gimiky. I think it's the huge amount of production, namely the constantly moving camera and gratuitous closeups of the bowl of salt. It's a bit too glamorous for a cooking show, I think.

Mk

Was my post invisible? :cry:

There there, Mk. Your post isn't invisible. I just type/think slowly.

Mk

my introduction to cooking started with frying, boiling, baking here and there, and that's how i learned.

what do you want to learn how to cook? i mean, do you want to just be able to make yourself dinner (or maybe cook for ur girl) or do you actually want to learn how to cook as in a job?