1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If you spent years working as a full time engineer, what could you make part time?

1. Sep 30, 2012 #1
    I am trying to work my life out and I don't want my mathematical skills to go to waste, but I also don't want to be working my *** off for the rest of my life.

So, I was wondering, if you worked full time as an engineer for several years getting lots of experience, would it be possible to still make a decent sum of money part-time after that?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2012 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Re: If you spent years working as a full time engineer, what could you make part time

A lot of older colleagues who have retired from corporations now work part-time as consultants. Some basically started their own consulting business, and some hire other retirees. Mind one, many of them retired with generous benefits/pensions and/or retirement accounts after 4 or 5 decades of working in industry.

4. Sep 30, 2012 #3
    Re: If you spent years working as a full time engineer, what could you make part time

Why don't you want to work as hard as the rest of us for the rest of your life?

5. Oct 1, 2012 #4

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."..........Thomas Alva Edison

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook