If you stare at the image long enough, you should see a giraffe.

• Thread starter Tsu
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, Daniel saw a camel that didn't look like a camel and thought it was a giraffe. Franz thought it was the nerdiest camel ever.
Tsu
Gold Member
http://img19.exs.cx/img19/9233/giraffe1lu.gif

Physics news on Phys.org
I see the Green goblin.

No giraffe though.

edit: DOH, i somehow missed the giraffe popping up until after i posted. FIE!

Damn, this is one of those tricky magic eyes. I'll just have to keep looking.

How did they hide a giraffe in that tiny little picture! (Love the wink. :wink:) :smile:

Hmm... looks more like a camel...

plover said:
Hmm... looks more like a camel...

Camel,yeah,the giraffe wasn't smoking Camel,good for her,she's got healthy lungs.

Daniel.

LOL! That sure is one ugly giraffe!

Moonbear said:

Wha..?! :bugeye: Maybe we're seeing different giraffes.

Moonbear said:

HEY! :frown: Don't you be calling my sweet little giraffe ugly. I think he's cute! I could say a couple of things about your DOG, you know! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

plover, dear - um, no self-respecting giraffe would be seen hanging around with one of these :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

http://img37.exs.cx/img37/8718/camel2kf.jpg

I mean really! What happened to his humps? They're listing to port! :rofl: :rofl: Maybe he had a unfortunate mishap as a young camel and fractured his humps! Trying to run under a very low tree branch sideways? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Listing to port ? That picture wasn't taken off a mirror, was it ?

Anyway, I don't think it was a mishap that bent his humps to starb'd. I think he's just been eating too much, and collecting too much fat in those humps. I mean, aren't camels supposed to live in deserts ? What's this guy doing in the middle of a lush tropical paradise ? :confused:

Tsu said:
HEY! :frown: Don't you be calling my sweet little giraffe ugly. I think he's cute! I could say a couple of things about your DOG, you know! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

plover, dear - um, no self-respecting giraffe would be seen hanging around with one of these :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

http://img37.exs.cx/img37/8718/camel2kf.jpg

I mean really! What happened to his humps? They're listing to port! :rofl: :rofl: Maybe he had a unfortunate mishap as a young camel and fractured his humps! Trying to run under a very low tree branch sideways? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tsu, starborad is right. And the camel looks like a giraffe. :wink:

Gokul43201 said:
Listing to port ? That picture wasn't taken off a mirror, was it ?
Ohhhh... port... starboard... depends on which end of the camel you're facing. :wink: :rofl: :rofl:

Anyway, I don't think it was a mishap that bent his humps to starb'd. I think he's just been eating too much, and collecting too much fat in those humps. I mean, aren't camels supposed to live in deserts ? What's this guy doing in the middle of a lush tropical paradise ? :confused:
He was on vacation/holiday. :biggrin:

franznietzsche said:
franz, it's too EARLY to be drinking!1111 :rofl:

Pay attention, now! :biggrin: Giraffes have two little horn/nubbins on the tops of their little heads. Camels don't!11 :approve: AND - while a giraffe might smoke a Camel, a camel will not smoke a giraffe. :rofl: :rofl: (well, unless he's been drinking...)

franznietzsche said:

Looks like s***.Do you see any horns??The ears,do they have the same shape??Or it was a camel which underwent severe aesthetical surgery and feeding on accacia and bananas,to be shipped in the middle of the Serengeti...??

Daniel.

Tsu said:
franz, it's too EARLY to be drinking!1111 :rofl:

Pay attention, now! :biggrin: Giraffes have two little horn/nubbins on the tops of their little heads. Camels don't!11 :approve: AND - while a giraffe might smoke a Camel, a camel will not smoke a giraffe. :rofl: :rofl: (well, unless he's been drinking...)

It is never too early to be drinking, I'm in college!

And with those humps, he's definitely smoked more than a few giraffes.

Tsu said:
plover, dear - um, no self-respecting giraffe would be seen hanging around with one of these
:rofl: :rofl: It wasn't until I tried opening the giraffe image in photoshop that I realized the thing is animated – most animations are turned off in my browser. I thought it was some kind of optical illusion thingy! If you stare at the background frame long enough, it's possible to convince yourself (well, ok, it's possible to convince me) that there a pattern there that might be a giraffe (or a camel). (What it's only my brain that does this? :uhh: ) Besides the thing's all greens, and I'm color-blind (hence the idea of opening it in photoshop and messing with the color channels).

That has got to be the nerdiest camel ever! :rofl: :rofl:
Perfect for a PF mascot! :approve: :biggrin:

1. What does it mean to "stare at the image"?

Staring at the image means to focus your eyes on the image for a prolonged period of time without blinking or looking away.

2. How long do I need to stare at the image for the giraffe to appear?

The amount of time it takes to see the giraffe can vary for each individual. It may take a few seconds or several minutes of continuous staring.

3. Is this a real giraffe or an illusion?

This is an illusion, the image does not actually contain a real giraffe. It is a visual trick that relies on the way our brain processes information.

4. Why do I see a giraffe when I stare at the image?

Our brain tries to make sense of the visual information it receives, so when we stare at the image, our brain starts to form a recognizable shape, in this case a giraffe.

5. Can everyone see the giraffe if they stare at the image?

Not everyone may be able to see the giraffe, as it depends on individual visual perception and the ability to interpret the image correctly. Some people may see a different image or no image at all.