I'm a racist pig

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
cyrusabdollahi said:
To Ivan:

I seriously don't see why you would loose sleep over this.
I didn't. Why would you leap to such a rash conclusion. I've battled insomnia since I was five.

So what if the guy misunderstood you!? Why do people worry so much about what others think of them?
First of all, YOU are making more of this than I did. Also, I don't care what he thinks of me, I cared how I affected him.

Also, I guess I don't particularly care if someone stares at me. Why would you want make a scene when this happens? Who cares? I normally assume it's nothing. What nagged at me was his apparent change in demeanor.

You must live in Bush country Ivan :biggrin:, bunch of red necks. It's sad that there are places like that in America still (and there are many).
Yes. When we moved here there was one black guy in town. Over time we would see a new black people in town, but they never seemed to stay long. Things have improved dramatically in the last fifteen years, however, back in the 60's, the KKK had a strong presense around here. In fact, as late as the 1970's, even Portland had black only, and white only drinking fountains.

Side question: Why would you live in a place with people like that to begin with?
Because aside from the higher than average percentage of local jerks, we live in paradise.

Last edited:
Well, you said:

I can't sleep either which is really weird.
That is why I thought you lost sleep over it. Your wording made it seem like it was in relation to the even, don't blame me. :wink:

Because aside from the higher than average percentage of local jerks, we live in paradise.
Boy, that's some trade-off! :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Well, as near as I can tell, this has been nothing but you taking cheap shots over an honest accounting of an unusual incident.

We're done. Grow up.