1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm going to be majoring in physics in the spring.

1. Sep 1, 2008 #1
    I have had no previous experience with physics, but I know it's what I want to do and I believe that I am capable of learning an applied science. I also have never taken a calculus course in highschool. I came here for some recommendations on primer books that I could read to be better prepared for university in the spring. Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 1, 2008 #2
    No, I would say go over the mathematics you learnt at school. You'll re-learn all the physics at university, so don't bother with going over your physics. If you really want to get a start, try read a calculus book, you can get it from the library or what not. Something like Stewart would be good. Especially the bits on vectors.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook