Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

IMPORTANT: Hallelujah

1. Oct 22, 2003 #1
    IMPORTANT: Hallelujah !!

Our troubles are over ladies and gentlemen!
    This afternoon I completed an extensive negotiation
    with our webhost. They came through in fine fashion and agree to increase our bandwidth past the normal package agreement for a small fee.

So in order to thank them for such an unlikely agreement I want you all to consider modwest.com as a webhost should you need one. If you do choose to sign up with them put physicsforums.com as the referrer and we get $15 towards our hosting fees.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2003
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 22, 2003 #2

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Dig it!

So, what's the going rate?

4. Oct 22, 2003 #3

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

whoohoo!

Does that mean we still have to be carefull with how much bandwidth we are using for the rest of the month?

5. Oct 22, 2003 #4
    No, don't worry about it. I will let you know. :smile:

6. Oct 22, 2003 #5
    Congratulations Greg. Not only the creator of this fine set of forums, but a brilliant negotiator as well. :smile:

7. Oct 22, 2003 #6

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Greg, you are the greatest! what a coup! Congratulations.

8. Oct 22, 2003 #7

Eh

How about getting rid of avatars to save some bandwidth?

9. Oct 22, 2003 #8
    I did that earlier, but we have a nice buffer now. So spend spend spend bandwidth : )

10. Oct 23, 2003 #9
    How much bandwidth does a site like this need? I presume that it must be a lot from looking at you annual costs, but I suppose some of the must go to vBullitin for you being aloud to use their forums.

11. Oct 23, 2003 #10

Eh

Forums tend to eat up a lot of bandwidth.

12. Oct 27, 2003 #11
    I'm glad this problem is solved.

but what about combining the forums together again, I mean let Maths be one forum, and Logic one forum and so ...
    this won't lead us to open each forum and load them and then read the topics.
    If the topics are listed in the same page , this will make opening all the topics in a certain forum easier.

That's only a suggestion

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?