Indoor cloud/lightning display

• Thread starter davenn
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a cool and expensive item that the speaker wants for Christmas. The video of the item cannot be watched but it is found on YouTube. The speaker also mentions that the item is adorable and expresses a desire to cuddle with it.
davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2023 Award
this is so cool
I want one for Xmas !

Dave

grr can't embed the media
damn I can't even post a link without the forum auto trying to embed it

please just click on the watch on facebook words in the black box

Last edited:
Likes Fervent Freyja and Borg
Physics news on Phys.org
I couldn't watch the video but I think that I found it on YouTube. Pretty interesting (and expensive - $3500).

Likes wolram and davenn
Borg said:
I couldn't watch the video but I think that I found it on YouTube. Pretty interesting (and expensive - $3500).

that's the one :smile:

It's not just cool, that thing is seriously adorable! I would want to cuddle with it!

Likes davenn

What is an indoor cloud/lightning display?

An indoor cloud/lightning display is a visual demonstration of simulated lightning bolts within a cloud-like structure. It is usually created using a combination of water vapor, electricity, and specialized lighting equipment to mimic the appearance and movement of real lightning.

How is an indoor cloud/lightning display created?

An indoor cloud/lightning display is created by using a specialized machine that combines water vapor, electricity, and lighting effects. The machine creates a cloud-like structure that is then electrified to produce simulated lightning bolts within the cloud. The intensity and frequency of the lightning can be controlled by the operator.

What is the purpose of an indoor cloud/lightning display?

An indoor cloud/lightning display is often used for educational or entertainment purposes. It can help to demonstrate the science behind lightning and how it forms in the atmosphere. It can also be used as a dramatic visual effect in performances or events.

Is an indoor cloud/lightning display safe?

Yes, an indoor cloud/lightning display is generally considered safe when operated by trained professionals. The electricity used to create the lightning is controlled and poses no danger to the audience. However, it is important to follow all safety protocols and precautions when using this type of equipment.

Can an indoor cloud/lightning display be created without specialized equipment?

No, an indoor cloud/lightning display requires specialized equipment and expertise to create. Attempting to recreate this effect without the proper equipment and knowledge can be dangerous and is not recommended.