Induced EMF in Non-Uniform Magnetic Field

• Thread starter arl146
  • Start date
Can someone help with this problem as well? =/ im lost

I actually just need help on the second one. I got the rest!

vela
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Let x be the position of the front end of the loop. What's the flux through the loop in terms of B, L, and x?

I actually just got it !! It was twice my first answer but positive. I'm not too sure why it was twice, could you explain that?

vela
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
You're the one who's supposed to be able to explain how you got the answer!

haha i know, but i dont really know how i got it. i just kinda guessed because all else failed. it doesnt make sense to me... half was in the + B-field and half was in the - B-field I would just think that they'd cancel out and it would equal 0.

vela
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
The flux through the loop is indeed 0, but the emf doesn't depend on the flux but on the rate of change of the flux. That's what you need to calculate.

does it have anything to do with how that person was talking abour charges? like how the left side say wants to pull more to the left and the right side wants to pull more towards the right and so that puts twice the change on it ?

hello, what is the difference between the flux density of air gap and iron in magnetic circuit.
let say i have an iron ring with an air gap of 1mm. do the air gap and iron ring produce the same magnitude of flux density and flux.