Induction Motor

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hello Guys,
I am a beginner in the field of Electrical well i have certain queries to ask from u genius guys

1):WHY THERE IS NO BACK EMF in 3-phase INDUCTION MOTOR
2):WHY WE REMOVE RHEOSTAT after 3-5 seconds of STATRTING OF 3-pahse INDUCTION MOTOR.
3):IF WE APPLY SINGLE PHASE ,THEN HOW SINGLE PHASE ROTATE WHEN THERE IS NO MAGNETIC FIELD IS PRESENT
4);IF DC applied ON STATOR OF 3-phase INDUCTION MOTOR WHAT IS EFFECT ON TORQUE COMPONENT

PLz do reply bcoz i am very keen of acquiring knowledge regarding electrical machines
Thz in Advance

Answers and Replies

Averagesupernova
Science Advisor
Gold Member
installer2001 said:
Hello Guys,
I am a beginner in the field of Electrical well i have certain queries to ask from u genius guys

1):WHY THERE IS NO BACK EMF in 3-phase INDUCTION MOTOR
There is.

installer2001 said:
2):WHY WE REMOVE RHEOSTAT after 3-5 seconds of STATRTING OF 3-pahse INDUCTION MOTOR.
There is no requirement that there is a rheostat to start with. I suspect you are referring to some sort of soft-start setup where starting torque is not important.

installer2001 said:
3):IF WE APPLY SINGLE PHASE ,THEN HOW SINGLE PHASE ROTATE WHEN THERE IS NO MAGNETIC FIELD IS PRESENT
It can't start that way, but it can run that way. It 'appears' that there is a rotating magnetic field.

installer2001 said:
4);IF DC applied ON STATOR OF 3-phase INDUCTION MOTOR WHAT IS EFFECT ON TORQUE COMPONENT
DC on the stator will cause the heating in the rotor. I would imagine torque would be reduced.