Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Induction Motor

1. Oct 7, 2006 #1
    Hello Guys,
    I am a beginner in the field of Electrical well i have certain queries to ask from u genius guys

1):WHY THERE IS NO BACK EMF in 3-phase INDUCTION MOTOR
    2):WHY WE REMOVE RHEOSTAT after 3-5 seconds of STATRTING OF 3-pahse INDUCTION MOTOR.
    3):IF WE APPLY SINGLE PHASE ,THEN HOW SINGLE PHASE ROTATE WHEN THERE IS NO MAGNETIC FIELD IS PRESENT
    4);IF DC applied ON STATOR OF 3-phase INDUCTION MOTOR WHAT IS EFFECT ON TORQUE COMPONENT

PLz do reply bcoz i am very keen of acquiring knowledge regarding electrical machines
    Thz in Advance

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2006 #2
    There is.

There is no requirement that there is a rheostat to start with. I suspect you are referring to some sort of soft-start setup where starting torque is not important.

It can't start that way, but it can run that way. It 'appears' that there is a rotating magnetic field.

DC on the stator will cause the heating in the rotor. I would imagine torque would be reduced.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?