Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Information Regarding Surface Modifiers

  1. Nov 30, 2007 #1
    Hi everyone,

    I am doing research on flows in capillary tubes with wetting discontinuities, and I am needing to find some information on coatings that can produce these wetting discontinuities. I have come across some papers that mention a 3M coating "FC-723", and I was wondering if anyone knew of details regarding this coating, or if anyone knew where I could find information on other, similar coatings. In the end, I would ideally like to have a table with several different coatings, and, for example, the contact angle of a water drop that is placed on a surface which has these coatings. Thanks in advance!

    *edit* this might be better off in the chemical engineering forum, but since i'm a ME, I figured i'd try here first. :)
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 4, 2007 #2
    Well, it has come to my attention that this chemical FC-723 is no longer produced, but that there is a similar chemical, EGC-1702. Anyone have any information?
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook