Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Infractions and their expiry

1. Feb 12, 2012 #1
    Dear Members and moderators,
    If the infractions received by a member expires, whether he/she will be given the concession of three warnings again?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 13, 2012 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

It's case by case. Usually, though, if someone is repeating an action that has received multiple warnings in the past, they have "graduated" to infractions.

4. Feb 13, 2012 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

There is no rule that a warning must be given before an infraction.

5. Feb 13, 2012 #4

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The number of warnings or infractions is only of importance if there are a large number of them. What counts is the number of unexpired infraction points. If you accumulate 8 pts a temp ban will result. If 10pts are accumulated the result is a permanent ban.

6. Feb 13, 2012 #5

Borek

Staff: Mentor

There is no such concession, some are just lucky to not get an infraction after a single warning.

7. Feb 13, 2012 #6
    I have 4 general warming infraction points. I do feel special.

8. Feb 14, 2012 #7
    Thanks for the reply. Now all the accumulated points expires, and then one receives a fresh infraction which has worth(!) of 3 points. Now , will it be 11 points or 3 points

9. Feb 14, 2012 #8

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

You are going about this the wrong way. The question you should be asking yourself is "how can I be a positive, contributing member to the forum?" and not "exactly how much mischief can I cause - down to the nanogram - before I am banned?"

Capisce?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook