Integer ordered pairs in logarithmic equation

In summary, there is only one solution to the given equations, which is $x=y=z=3$. This can be determined by considering the properties of logarithmic equations and the restriction that $x,y,z<6$.
juantheron
no. of integer ordered pairs of $(x,y,z)$ in

$ \sqrt{x^2-2x+6}\cdot\log_{3}(6-y) = x $

$ \sqrt{y^2-2y+6}\cdot\log_{3}(6-z) = y $

$ \sqrt{z^2-2z+6}\cdot\log_{3}(6-x) = z $

My approach :: Here $6-x,6-y,6-z>0$. So $x,y,z<6$

Now $\displaystyle \log_{3}(6-y) = \frac{x}{\sqrt{x^2-2x+6}}=\frac{x}{\sqrt{(x-1)^2+5}}$

and $\displaystyle \log_{3}(6-z) = \frac{y}{\sqrt{y^2-2y+6}}=\frac{y}{\sqrt{(y-1)^2+5}}$

and $\displaystyle \log_{3}(6-x) = \frac{z}{\sqrt{z^2-2z+6}}=\frac{z}{\sqrt{(z-1)^2+5}}$

How can I calculate after that.

Help please

Thanks

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Re: integer ordered pairs in logarithmic equation

I don't have a reference for this, but I guess that if $n$ is an integer then $\log_3n$ is transcendental unless $n$ is a power of $3$. If so, then the only solution to those equations must be the obvious one $x=y=z=3$.

Related to Integer ordered pairs in logarithmic equation

1. What are integer ordered pairs in logarithmic equations?

Integer ordered pairs in logarithmic equations are the solutions to equations that contain logarithms. They consist of two integers, one representing the base and the other representing the exponent, that when substituted into the equation, make it true.

2. How do I find integer ordered pairs in logarithmic equations?

To find integer ordered pairs in logarithmic equations, you need to first rewrite the equation in exponential form. Then, you can identify the values of the base and exponent that make the equation true. These values will be the integer ordered pairs for the equation.

3. What are some examples of integer ordered pairs in logarithmic equations?

For the equation log2x = 3, the integer ordered pair would be (2, 8) because 23 = 8. Similarly, for the equation log5x = 1, the integer ordered pair would be (5, 5) because 51 = 5.

4. Can there be more than one set of integer ordered pairs for a logarithmic equation?

Yes, there can be more than one set of integer ordered pairs for a logarithmic equation. This is because there can be multiple values for the base and exponent that make the equation true, resulting in different integer ordered pairs.

5. How are integer ordered pairs used in solving logarithmic equations?

Integer ordered pairs are used to find the exact solutions to logarithmic equations. By identifying the values of the base and exponent that make the equation true, you can then solve for the variable in the equation. These solutions will be in the form of integer ordered pairs.