Integrate me if you can(or like)

• Thread starter mooncrater
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integrate
In summary, the conversation is about trying to solve a problem involving integration using the substitution method. The person initially tried using cos^2x=t but it did not work due to complications with the numerator. They also mentioned that Euler's equations were not applicable in this case. However, after multiple attempts, they were able to solve the problem by making a clearer attempt and attaching their final solution. They also asked if there was an easier way to solve the problem.
mooncrater
User informed about mandatory use of the homework template.
The question is attached .

N/A

I tried to integrate it using cos^2x=t
But it didn't work . The numerator is killing me.
Euler's equations are not applicable here . Therefore they don't work here . Thus how to solve it ?

Attachments

• 1424447715320.jpg
    1424447715320.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 406
Physics news on Phys.org
mooncrater said:
I tried to integrate it using cos^2x=t

Please do not simply state that you tried. Show us your attempt!

Likes mooncrater
Orodruin said:
Please do not simply state that you tried. Show us your attempt!
Earlier I tried this question a time or two but now it seems to me I was not doing it clearly and was repeating the same mistake again and again ...
So I tried it again and boom!
Its done. Still, I have attached the attempt that was needed. Thank you for asking me to post the attempt.
Though I have left the integral at a easily solvable step that I know to solve ..
Moreover is there any easier way out of this problem ?

Attachments

• 1424489807000.jpg
    1424489807000.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:

1. What does it mean to "integrate" something?

Integration is a mathematical process of finding the total or sum of something. In other words, it involves finding the area under a curve or the accumulated amount of something over a given interval.

2. How is integration used in science?

Integration is used in various scientific fields, such as physics, chemistry, and biology. It is used to calculate the total amount of a substance, the rate of change of a quantity, and the total distance traveled by an object.

3. What is the difference between definite and indefinite integration?

Definite integration involves finding the exact numerical value of the integral, while indefinite integration involves finding the antiderivative of a function without any specific limits.

4. Can integration be applied to real-life situations?

Yes, integration can be applied to real-life situations. For example, it can be used to calculate the total cost of a project, the average speed of a moving object, or the amount of medication in a person's body over time.

5. Are there any practical applications of integration in everyday life?

Yes, integration is used in many everyday situations, such as calculating monthly expenses, determining the total income for a year, or finding the average temperature over a period of time.