Can Non-Scientists Contribute to Cosmological Discussions?

• Thread starter Bill McKeeman
  • Start date
In summary, non-scientists can contribute to cosmological discussions by providing fresh perspectives and asking critical questions. While they may not have the same level of technical knowledge as scientists, their unique viewpoints can spark new ideas and further understanding of the universe. Non-scientists can also play a crucial role in making complex concepts more accessible to the general public, promoting interest and engagement in cosmology. However, it is important for non-scientists to approach these discussions with an open mind and to defer to the expertise of trained scientists in certain areas. Overall, the involvement of non-scientists can enrich and diversify cosmological discussions and contribute to the advancement of our understanding of the universe.
Bill McKeeman
I am a retired professor of computer science and a lifelong amateur cosmologist. I will start a conversation on a new idea about dark matter, dark energy and the shape of the universe.

Physics news on Phys.org
Bill McKeeman said:
I am a retired professor of computer science and a lifelong amateur cosmologist. I will start a conversation on a new idea about dark matter, dark energy and the shape of the universe.
Welcome to the PF, Bill :smile:

Be sure to review the PF Rules (under INFO at the top of the page). Questions about cosmology and Dark Matter are fine, but proposing new ideas and theories is not. We stick to the published mainstream literature here in our science discussions. :smile:

Likes Evo
OK. So I have blown it. What now? /s/ Bill

Bill McKeeman said:
OK. So I have blown it. What now? /s/ Bill
LOL, no worries, I've cleaned it up. I'll send you a PM about it. :smile:

New ideas are not accepted. So, I will become a reader, not a writer.

Likes Lenny Briscoe and berkeman