Exploring High-IQ Websites: Links, Tests, and More!

• Thread starter Oldfart
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Interesting
In summary: It is not a measure of general intelligence.In summary, this website provides high-IQ related questions and tests.
Oldfart
If you are in need for some humiliation, try some of the IQ test questions here: http://www.triplenine.org/.

Hit "Links" at the top of the home page, then link to "Links to high-IQ related websites", then link to "Uncommonly difficult IQ tests". Or just prowl around the website -- lots of interesting stuff here.

Physics news on Phys.org
I used to be interested in this sort of thing ages ago. Took the Mega Test when it was still valid, qualified to join societies (like Triple Nine - TNS) at the 1/1000 level. But never actually ended up joining any of the societies, simply because I didn't see the point of springing for the membership.

I was quite active on some of the online fora, though. At that time, the one and only Christopher Michael Langan was also active in these communities, although I have no idea how he busies himself these days.

You must remember that these untimed tests are not really valid IQ tests. Proper psychometric testing should be carried out by a qualified psychologist in a controlled setting. At any rate, I've left the "IQ" childishness far behind me. Too old, too dumb and too lazy these days. :biggrin:

I've had probably about half a dozen more beers than would be conducive to attempting a test right now. The last one that I took was for the Four Sigma Society about 35 years ago. That was before I was diagnosed for either the ADD or the diabetes, so I like to think that my intellect has improved somewhat since then. I didn't qualify for the club, but I did earn the right to laugh at people who brag about being in Mensa.
As Evo has mentioned repeatedly in the past, though, the only thing that an IQ test measures is your talent for taking IQ tests.

What is an "Interesting high-IQ website"?

An "Interesting high-IQ website" is a website that offers engaging and thought-provoking content that appeals to individuals with high levels of intelligence. These websites often feature articles, videos, and puzzles that challenge the mind and stimulate intellectual curiosity.

How can I determine if a website is suitable for high IQ individuals?

One way to determine if a website is suitable for high IQ individuals is to look at the types of content it offers. Websites that feature complex and challenging topics, such as science, philosophy, and mathematics, are more likely to appeal to individuals with high intelligence. Additionally, you can look for online communities or forums where high IQ individuals gather to discuss and share ideas.

Do I have to have a high IQ to visit these types of websites?

No, you do not have to have a high IQ to visit these types of websites. While the content may be geared towards individuals with high intelligence, anyone can benefit from engaging with challenging and interesting material. These websites can also be a great place for individuals to learn and improve their critical thinking skills.

Are there any benefits to regularly visiting high-IQ websites?

Yes, regularly visiting high-IQ websites can have several benefits. These websites can help improve critical thinking skills, expand knowledge on various topics, and stimulate creativity. They can also provide a sense of community for individuals who may feel isolated due to their high intelligence.

Can high-IQ websites be used as a tool for research?

Yes, high-IQ websites can be a valuable tool for research. These websites often feature articles and resources from experts in various fields, making them a reliable source of information. Additionally, the challenging and thought-provoking content can inspire new ideas and perspectives for research projects.