Internal half of the fresnel zone

  • Thread starter Thread starter harrydj
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Fresnel Internal
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
harrydj
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Plane monochromatic light wave with intensity I 0 is incident normally on an opaque screen with a circular hole. What is the light intensity I of the screen at the point for which the hole:
a) is the first Fresnel zone, the inner half of the first zone,
b) made ​​equal to the first Fresnel zone, and then shut it down half (diameter)?


Homework Equations



Here What is the inner half of the first zone? Is there any outer half for the first zone.

The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
harrydj said:

Homework Statement


Plane monochromatic light wave with intensity I 0 is incident normally on an opaque screen with a circular hole. What is the light intensity I of the screen at the point for which the hole:
a) is the first Fresnel zone, the inner half of the first zone,
b) made ​​equal to the first Fresnel zone, and then shut it down half (diameter)?


Homework Equations



Here What is the inner half of the first zone? Is there any outer half for the first zone.

The Attempt at a Solution


Hint: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresnel_zone

What do you notice from here ?