How to Restore the Link Address Bar in Internet Explorer?

• Thread starter Benny
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Internet
In summary, common issues with Internet Explorer include slow internet connection, outdated browser version, and incorrect computer settings. To fix crashes, try restarting your computer, disabling add-ons, updating the browser, or running a malware scan. To change the default search engine, go to "Manage add-ons" and select a search provider. To enable cookies, adjust privacy settings or add specific websites. To reset the browser, go to "Internet options" and select "Reset" under "Advanced" tab.
Benny
Hi everyone, I'm having a minor but irritating problem with IE. By default when IE is opened, just above the taskbar there is a thin beige/white bar which shows the address of the link that the cursor has been placed on top of. One day it suddenly disappeared and I don't know how to get it back. I've tried going to "tools -> internet options" and restoring the defaults but that doesn't work.

Can someone please help me out? Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Go to "view-> status bar"

Thanks for the quick response cristo. :)

You're welcome. Hope it worked!

1. Why is my Internet Explorer not working?

There could be several reasons why your Internet Explorer is not working. It could be due to a slow internet connection, outdated browser version, or a problem with your computer's settings. Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, updating to the latest version of Internet Explorer, and checking your internet connection.

2. How do I fix Internet Explorer when it crashes?

If your Internet Explorer keeps crashing, try restarting your computer and opening the browser again. You can also try disabling any add-ons or extensions that may be causing the crashes, updating your browser to the latest version, or running a malware scan on your computer.

3. How do I change my default search engine in Internet Explorer?

To change your default search engine in Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon in the top right corner and select "Manage add-ons." Click on "Search providers" on the left side and then select the search engine you want to set as default. Click on "Set as default" and then click "Close."

4. How do I enable cookies in Internet Explorer?

To enable cookies in Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon in the top right corner and select "Internet options." Go to the "Privacy" tab and move the slider to a lower setting to allow cookies, or click on "Sites" and add specific websites to always allow cookies from. Click "Apply" and then "OK."

5. How do I reset Internet Explorer to its default settings?

To reset Internet Explorer to its default settings, click on the gear icon in the top right corner and select "Internet options." Go to the "Advanced" tab and click on "Reset" under "Reset Internet Explorer settings." Check the box for "Delete personal settings" and then click "Reset." Restart your browser for the changes to take effect.