Introducing bitjumper: A New Addition to Our Scientific Community!

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hi
In summary: I don't think he's quite as hung as you are bitjumper.)In summary, bitjumper has invited a friend over who is afraid of the forum. Everyone welcomes him and shows him around. He is apparently not good looking enough for Evo, but he is apparently very good looking for Moonbear torturing mice.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Everyone say hi to bitjumper!

I've managed to lure, I mean invite, a good friend of mine here. He's been lurking for a couple of months, reading posts, getting a feel for the forum and you people have scared the bejeezus out of him! :biggrin:

Now he's afraid to post. :frown:

Come on gang, let's show him that new members have absolutely nothing to fear from us!

<Shoves 10lb Alaskan Wild Salmon into bitjumper's computer.>

He has a physics degree from UC Berkeley and a CS master's degree at California State University at Chico. He's in R&D for a large tech company, so he fits right in here. :approve:

He lives near Tsu, Ivan and Integral! :bugeye:

Physics news on Phys.org
Awww, c'mon bitjumper, we don't bite much.

There's no reason to be afraid of us most days.

Maybe if we just stand very still, he'll come closer...then we can drop the net on him and keep him.

bitjumper, don't let them lure in here. You'll get sucked in and can never (ever) leave.

Yes, the net!

Rut roh, he doesn't know about the PF Sisterhood yet. :rolleyes:

http://website.lineone.net/~bunkie/nuns2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ranger said:
bitjumper, don't let them lure in here. You'll get sucked in and can never (ever) leave.
Ooooh, I like the new avatar! I'm not afraid of you anymore! :approve:

Now when you say "friend" does that mean you're not dating him because he's:
a) too far away
b) not rich enough
c) not good looking enough
d) not tribdog (your one and only true love)

if the answer is a or c then welcome to PF bit jumper
if the answer is b then everyone else welcomes you but I probably won't talk to you
if the answer is d then don't worry no one is. welcome to PF bit jumper

Alrighty then. Looky here on the right we have the cooler, the caffeine is on your left, and the hot office chicks are somewhere in the Biology/Chemistry forum. Be aware of Gale (make sure you don't leave your beer unattended around her). Also Danger is Canadian, and tribdog is funneh - the two usually switch the title, but you know how that works out.. Moonbear tortures mice, ZapperZ has a Disney fetish, and Evo... well :rolleyes:

She runs outside of her house in nothing but a G-string and manages to get her doors locked behind her :biggrin:

I'm Funadian!

tribdog said:
Now when you say "friend" does that mean you're not dating him because he's:
a) too far away
b) not rich enough
c) not good looking enough
d) not tribdog (your one and only true love)

if the answer is a or c then welcome to PF bit jumper
if the answer is b then everyone else welcomes you but I probably won't talk to you
if the answer is d then don't worry no one is. welcome to PF bit jumper
I've known him for about 10 years and he's still talking to me. Until now, he didn't know about this forum. :redface:

that was just about evasive enough of an answer for me.

tribdog said:
that was just about evasive enough of an answer for me.
Yeah I could've totally pulled off 'we used to date but you know..' or 'he likes me but I don't like him' or the classic 'I liked him more as a friend' :biggrin:

Last edited:
Hello bitjumper, make yourself at home. Well, I don't mean you can post in your underwear..hmmm or leave your coffee cup on the table. We do have some standards, but as you can tell, there very few.
Welcome!

hypatia said:
. We do have some standards,
since when? and why wasn't I informed? I'm not putting my pants back on I don't care what you say

Last edited:
hypatia said:
Hello bitjumper, make yourself at home. Well, I don't mean you can post in your underwear..
Hey, wait! Don't be too hasty there. We haven't seen any pics yet. We might want to see him posting in his underwear. :biggrin:

not according to Evo. I guess he's not good looking enough for her to date.

Hey, I've never seen him in his underwear.

But, he did use to own goats.

Everyone excuse Evo, I think she's been drinking tonight.

tribdog said:
not according to Evo. I guess he's not good looking enough for her to date.

how true :)

He's very good looking.

Did I mention that he used to own goats?

the fainting kind?

tribdog said:
the fainting kind?
Aren't they all?

Evo said:
Hey, I've never seen him in his underwear.
But, he did use to own goats.
Well, I think we need a photo of him in street clothes before we decide if we wish to pursue this underwear angle.

As for the goats, I hope that's not related in some way to his underwear. :eek:

But, since you brought up the farm animal topic, I have a beautiful ram in this week to entertain my ewes...his name is Horny. :smile: (He has really big, curling horns, just like you see in pictures...but I don't think that's where he gets his name from. :rolleyes: I got him because he's been breaking down the walls in one of the barns to get to the ewes, so since I needed a ram for my ewes, they were more than happy to send him to me).

damn I bet you are a fun date

Moonbear said:
But, since you brought up the farm animal topic, I have a beautiful ram in this week to entertain my ewes...his name is Horny. :smile: (He has really big, curling horns, just like you see in pictures...but I don't think that's where he gets his name from. :rolleyes: I got him because he's been breaking down the walls in one of the barns to get to the ewes, so since I needed a ram for my ewes, they were more than happy to send him to me).
Does he look as fine as Wolram's avatar?

Evo said:
Moonbear said:
Does he look as fine as Wolram's avatar?
Very much like that! His horns actually curl twice before sticking out in points to the side. (Why oh why do the points always have to be out to the side?! Thankfully, I don't have to move him around much...I'm just the pimp bringing the ladies to him.)

Moonbear said:
Very much like that! His horns actually curl twice before sticking out in points to the side. (Why oh why do the points always have to be out to the side?! Thankfully, I don't have to move him around much...I'm just the pimp bringing the ladies to him.)
Moonbear - sheep pimp :smile:

moonbear, how much do you charge and can you keep a secret?

tribdog said:
moonbear, how much do you charge and can you keep a secret?
:smile: :smile: I thought I only had to worry about Artman and Danger around my sheep! Et tu, tribdog?

its for a friend of mine, geez. your goats are safe around me. you on the other hand...

Moonbear said:
But, since you brought up the farm animal topic, I have a beautiful ram in this week to entertain my ewes...his name is Horny. :smile:
:smile: :smile: :smile: I just lost it! Sheep pimp, eh?
So should we call you Heidi Fleece? :smile:

oh, and welcome to PF, bitjumper!

Math Is Hard said:
:smile: :smile: :smile: I just lost it! Sheep pimp, eh?
So should we call you Heidi Fleece? :smile:
oh, and welcome to PF, bitjumper!
Heidi Fleece! :smile: :smile: :smile:

gah I don't know how you people are still up on a Sat night..

I was awoken by the sounds of horrible trance music. I left my speakers on and it was playing a nice melodic tune over at a stream, but about 20 minutes ago my brain woke me up to something that utterly displeased it. It was a tune by Dj Yoshi called Dreamer. I was so disgusted by the lack of talent and a sheer absence of any regard to the ears of the listeners that I just had to get up and post on every forum that ever played that crap of a tune about my disgust. Still, 20 minutes later I still can't sleep. I feel so pissed. I've never been forced to listen to garbage like that, and here I am in the middle of the night rudely awoken by that horrible arrangement of samples by a talentless primate.

cronxeh said:
gah I don't know how you people are still up on a Sat night..
I was awoken by the sounds of horrible trance music. I left my speakers on and it was playing a nice melodic tune over at a stream, but about 20 minutes ago my brain woke me up to something that utterly displeased it. It was a tune by Dj Yoshi called Dreamer. I was so disgusted by the lack of talent and a sheer absence of any regard to the ears of the listeners that I just had to get up and post on every forum that ever played that crap of a tune about my disgust. Still, 20 minutes later I still can't sleep. I feel so pissed. I've never been forced to listen to garbage like that, and here I am in the middle of the night rudely awoken by that horrible arrangement of samples by a talentless primate.
That's what you get for leaving your speakers on. Sorry your sleep was destroyed. Shall I hum you some songs?

Tribdog cut himself, you may want to go over to his thread and help him.

Hi everyone,
After such a grand introduction I can't just keep lurking here now, can I. I figure one of these days I'll be thanking Evo for this very special evening. :smile: Anyways, Hi everyone.
Funny how after 10 years she remembers the goats!

I'm always late! :redface:
Welcome to PF, bitjumper!

Back