1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Discrete Introductory books on Graph Theory and Combinatorics?

1. Sep 22, 2015 #1
    Dear Physics Forum friends,

I am a college junior who is currently conducting the undergraduate research in the theoretical computer science. I wrote this post to seek you recommendation on the books that separately treat the graph theory and combinatotics, both in theory and applications. I really need to understand the graph theory and combinatotics as it is one of the crucial parts of my current project. I am encountering terms like counting problems, matchings, H-coloring/homomorphisms, 2-3 graphs, etc. I am currently taking Analysis I (Rudin) and Linear Algebra (Hoffman/Kunze) so I have a good degree of mathematical maturity, but I would like books that treat the combinatorics and graph theory in a reader-friendly, introductory levels.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2015 #2
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted