Recommendations for a book on Graph Theory?

1. I am currently taking a combinatorics class that surveys a little bit of graph theory and it piqued my interest. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good introductory book on the subject? I am really interested in finding a book that is very readable and not the standard definition, lemma, theorem, proof, etc. style. I don't know if that is common for texts in the fields of combinatorics and graph theory or not. I am also very interested in applications, however I am not a computer science student and I don't know if that's all an introductory book could be applied to. If at all possible, I would love to find a book that had applications to physics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. jcsd
  3. statdad

statdad 1,455
    Homework Helper

This is older, but Gary Chartrand has been one of the big names in graph theory for many years: had him for undergraduate and graduate courses. Great teacher and writer.
    http://books.google.com/books/about/Introductory_graph_theory.html?id=rYuToT7vHbMC

He has some other texts (one at the graduate level) if you look around.
    I'm sure others will have some good suggestions.

4. Thank you very much!

5. Oh wow, that's cool. Thanks for the recommendation and trivia!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted