1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Investigating the effects of changing the length and width of transistor channel

1. Nov 9, 2011 #1
    Hello,

I posted this here because it is for a bit of course work, but I am just looking to confirm if I am using the right equation. I hope this is ok! If not, sorry! I just didn't think since I was asking a specific assignment question, I would post here.

I need to investiage how changing the width and length of a transistor channel effects the threshold voltage. I need to do this in a simulation package and in theory. The simulation is grand, so now I just need to back it up.

I have been given a few parameters, such as a starting threshold voltage, figure for mobability, thickness of oxide. So, would I be correct in using, and rearranging the following equation to see how the Vt changes?

Id = β ((Vg-Vt)Vd - Vd2/2)

Where β = ([itex]\mu[/itex]0 W Cox/L)

I have some issues rearrenging equations, but if I know I am on the right path, I can work on it.

Thanks in advance.

Seán

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2011 #2
    Opps, guess I did post in the wrong place.

Sorry!

Seán

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook