1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

IR transparent fluids

1. Mar 28, 2012 #1
    Hi.
    I am working on visualization of flow with thermal infrared camera. As it is known, water is not transparent for IR spectrum of light, so you can`t watch phenomena that are occuring "inside". You can only see things that are occuring on the interface of water and wall.

I have been working with some fluids like acetone or dichloromethane, which are transparent only few millimeters.
    Now I am trying to find liquids that are transparent more than that, let`s say few cm.
    So, has anybody been working with such a fluid or does anybody know for a research/article, which has dealed with this things?

Thx.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 4, 2017 #2

rgm

Hi,

I am also looking for room temperature IR transparent fluids. Were you able to narrow down any fluids with such property ? Please suggest.

Thank you !

4. Jan 7, 2017 #3
    Carbon tetrachloride has no IR spectrum.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted