Is 3^4 the Correct Answer? - Erin

• Thread starter Erin_Sharpe
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is discussing two math problems. The first problem is (3^5/3^3)^2 = 3^2+2 = 3^4 = 81, and the second problem is 3log6-log612 + log62 = log68. There is some confusion about the notation used in the second problem, but the solution is log68.
Erin_Sharpe
(3^5/3^3)^2
= 3^2+2
=3^4
= 81

3log6-log612 + log62=
log68

as a final answer?

Appreciate it if someone could tell me if I'm right or not.

Thanks,
Erin

Mathematics news on Phys.org
You got the first one right.
In the second one, do you mean log63 ?

how did u get the second answer...? because i really did get log68

He is asking to rewrite your second problem correctly. What does the 6 mean in the first term?

oh i see now. but, no i don't mean log63...its written in the text exactly the way I wrote it.

Erin sharpe:
You HAVE to use a less ambiguous notation!
Do you mean:
a) [tex]3log_{6}[/tex]
b) [tex]3log(6)[/tex]

And do you mean:
c) [tex]log_{6}(12)[/tex]
Or
d)[tex]log(612)[/tex]

Related to Is 3^4 the Correct Answer? - Erin

What is the mathematical concept behind "3^4"?

The mathematical concept behind "3^4" is called exponentiation, which is a way of representing repeated multiplication. In this case, 3^4 means 3 multiplied by itself 4 times, resulting in an answer of 81.

Is 3^4 the only possible answer?

No, 3^4 is not the only possible answer. Any number raised to the 4th power will result in a different answer. For example, 2^4 = 16 and 5^4 = 625.

How can I calculate 3^4?

To calculate 3^4, you can use a calculator or do the calculation manually by multiplying 3 by itself 4 times (3 x 3 x 3 x 3 = 81).

What are some real-world applications of "3^4"?

"3^4" can be used to represent many real-world scenarios, such as calculating the volume of a cube with side length 3 units, finding the total number of ways to arrange 4 objects in a row, or determining the number of possible outcomes in a 4-digit pin code.

Why is "3^4" a useful mathematical concept?

"3^4" is a useful mathematical concept because it allows us to quickly represent and calculate repeated multiplication. It is also commonly used in many scientific and engineering fields, such as physics, chemistry, and computer science.